Certified Charter Accountants in Marple

Author Topic: Marple Hall Uniform and new head teacher  (Read 2511 times)

Dave

Re: Marple Hall Uniform and new head teacher
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2010, 03:50:16 PM »
having just received a letter from school explaining the schools new harder line on breaches
Shouldn't that be 'breeches'?  ;D

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 07:51:02 PM »
I got one too. Totally support the new head. My daughter has been lined up twice in random uniform checks but thankfully she doesn't see the point in rolling the skirts up. I was shocked to see one girl on the bus, her skirt was so short that you could actually see the bottom of her bum cheeks! I really hope the head keeps the punishments up, if she chills out about it then they are back to square one. If I were her and it doesn't improve then I'd just make trousers compulsory.
Hate to tell you this, chaps, but in 1971 I wore a dress to school that was so short I couldn't raise my arm above my head because I would show my knickers if I did..........................and I was the teacher!

Taurus

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2010, 06:06:58 PM »
I got one too. Totally support the new head. My daughter has been lined up twice in random uniform checks but thankfully she doesn't see the point in rolling the skirts up. I was shocked to see one girl on the bus, her skirt was so short that you could actually see the bottom of her bum cheeks! I really hope the head keeps the punishments up, if she chills out about it then they are back to square one. If I were her and it doesn't improve then I'd just make trousers compulsory.

Lisa Oldham

Marple Hall Uniform and new head teacher
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2010, 02:23:55 PM »
I told Mark ages ago i wanted to start a discussion here about Marple Hall uniform and the state of mainly the girls wandering to school but didn't get round to it However having just received a letter from school explaining the schools new harder line on breaches I thought I would finally get round to it.

I think the uniforms have been about now for 2 years?  and right since the start Ive been really shocked at how short most girls wear the skirt.  To the extent that if one drives down Claremont in the morning you can actually see all the colours of the rainbow ( underwear) but nothing was ever done in school.. even though none of them rolled the skirt down when walking round school.  This made it very difficult for me to insist my daughter didn't do the same.. if school wont insist on good uniform then its difficult for parents to enforce it .. so after 6 months i gave up fighting!

So its excellent to hear of 200 after school detentions this week :D Clearly a few parents have complained but i fully support the new head teacher in this...The length of skirt and the quantity of makeup many of the girls wear make them look worse than tarts in my opinion!  And yes i know we all did it to some degree and I for one wore the shortest skirts possible when young but i don't think I ever showed my knickers and I certainly didn't at 12 and 13!!

Now i just wonder if shes going to kick makeup in to touch next.. hope so :)
My son is now realising that getting a letter off the head saying he can wear dreadlocks at school ( i said he could if she did too!) is increasingly unlikely(thank goodness!)