Marple Stationery Supplies - Everything for the home, school and office

Author Topic: Marple Hall School Admissions  (Read 3612 times)

Lisa Oldham

Re: Marple Hall School Admissions
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2010, 08:30:40 PM »
there are often appeals.. as there are in many schools however i understand often the issue is also with the education authorities and what monies are involved in kids going to schools outside of their authorities.. so.. anyone in stockport is *probably* ok.. however kids in Derbyshire.. which we border in many places arnt always so lucky..

BUT i also understand that Marple Hall are trying to reduce their numbers over next few years.. not sure how they can do this considering but Im fairly sure the just gone head teacher said this at some Talk at school.
but we have a new head teacher now so ...

Taurus

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2010, 04:49:38 PM »
Hi

Other parents have told me that Marple Hall is over subscribed and there is always lots of appeals from parents that live outside the catchment area that have received the news that their child has not got a place there. It must be a very popular school.

Also, don't forget that Offerton High is closing (not sure when) and already children from there are beginning to start at Marple Hall and when it does close a lot more will be starting and taking up a lot of places so places for pupils living outside the catchment area will significantly reduce.

elpram

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010, 02:10:01 PM »
Hi - my daughter has just started Y7 and I believe quite a few students are from outside the catchment area but I suppose it depends each year on numbers ... does your child go to a feeder school already as that might help.  I would ring the school and speak to Mrs Grace, the Transition Manager, who might be able to put things in perspective for you.

Victor M

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2010, 04:33:41 PM »
I don't think that the school is over subscribed but your best option may be to contact the school as they will want to make sure that they accommodate every child that wants to go to Marple Hall

nearlymarple

Marple Hall School Admissions
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 03:50:36 PM »
Hi

I am in the process of completing the secondary school admissions forms for my child. We currently live in the catchment area for Marple Hall but have got our house on the market and are quite interested in a house that is just outside the catchment area which would reduce the chance of my child getting into Marple Hall. Has anybody any idea what the chances are of getting into Marple Hall if you live outside the catchment area? Is Marple Hall heavily oversubscribed? Has anyone got experience of applying outside of the catchment area? What happens if you move house halfway through the admissions process?

Ta