Marple Blasting Services | Blast Cleaning Stockport

Author Topic: Farm Shops  (Read 4177 times)

Iona

Re: Farm Shops
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2010, 08:00:43 PM »
You could try this one recommended to me,

Limited Resources
Unit 20 Chadkirk Business Park, Vale Road, Romiley, Stockport, SK6 3NE
0161 427 8811
info@limited-resources.co.uk
www.limited-resources.co.uk
Complete range of organic food and drink. Special diets catered for. Free delivery in
Greater Manchester and North Cheshire. Warehouse open to public Monday to Friday.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 07:08:50 AM »
There is a Farmers Market at Marple Garden Centre every 4th Sunday in the month.

For meat there is The Scotch Produce Centre at High Lane http://www.rickythebutcher.co.uk/
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 10:47:44 PM »
Does anyone know of a good farm shop near Marple? So many people say that you can get really good food and bargains from them. Thanks.
Not a shop but the Green Box Company have been delivering to me recently. Their stuff is organic and locally sourced as far as possible. Obviously things like bananas and oranges are shipped from abroad but the bananas are Fairtrade and not air freighted (don't know about the oranges)

http://www.thegreenboxcompany.co.uk/

Littlewoods butchers in Marple and Mettricks in Glossop source all their meat locally in the NW.

It does rather depend on what you expect of a "bargain". If you are expecting "cheap" forget it but in my experience you get what you pay for, therefore, for me, it's a bargain.

(If you were thinking about joining a veg box scheme I would warn you off a company with a name which includes the brother of Cain and an Old King (work it out). I tried them for a while but the quality was so poor (mouldy courgettes, sprouting potatoes, etc.) that I kicked them into touch.)

Taurus

Farm Shops
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 09:18:31 PM »
Does anyone know of a good farm shop near Marple? So many people say that you can get really good food and bargains from them. Thanks.