Wealth Management | S&T Wealth provide portfolio & investment advice

Author Topic: Postcards of Marple  (Read 3050 times)

Lisa Oldham

Re: Postcards of Marple
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2010, 07:54:27 PM »
what about preorders of calendar from website? Would you be able to organise printing binding if only small quantities?

Howard

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2010, 05:47:16 PM »
I would contribute something towards a local charity for a downloadable calendar. If I wanted to then I could always have one made. For example, Snapfish http://www3.snapfish.co.uk/snapfishuk/gifts/product=photo-calendar will do all sorts of custom printing but they are fairly pricey at around £15 and none of that money goes to charity, of course.

marveld

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2010, 11:56:40 AM »
"I have also been considering producing a downloadable calendar that folks could print themselves. Do you think there would be an interest in this? It would be free of charge, perhaps with a voluntary contribution to charity. What do you think?"

I'd prefer to buy a ready-made calendar. I haven't got a photo quality printer or binding facilities. It's a nice idea, but not for me.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2010, 06:27:49 PM »
New Horizons will be at the Food and Drink Day on 25th September.

I agree that our 2010 calendar was very good, thank you for buying two!

Last year Dianne Seddon's calendar was in direct competition with Marple Promotions' and it ate significantly into our sales. In prior years we were able to donate profits of £1,000 to local causes but last year we were only able to give New Horizons £500. This year it is not in direct competition with Marple Promotions because Marple Promotions has ceased trading and will therefore (obviously) not be producing a calendar for 2011.

I did consider producing one as The Marple Website but the competition was one of the factors in deciding not to. I have also been considering producing a downloadable calendar that folks could print themselves. Do you think there would be an interest in this? It would be free of charge, perhaps with a voluntary contribution to charity. What do you think?

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

marveld

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2010, 05:14:16 PM »
Sarah @ Stationery Supplies (Stockport Road) doesn't currently have any Marple Promotions postcards in stock, but will e-mail me if she gets some. I'm hoping to buy a set or two during the Marple Festival in September if New Horizons are there.

I've bought a few postcards now from Marple Bookshop by Diane Seddon. I notice she has a Marple 2011 Calendar for sale at Marple Post Office. Is this in direct competition with Marple Promotions? Do Marple Promotions plan a 2011 calendar? I bought two for 2010 and thought the images used were rather good!

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 05:29:46 PM »
New Horizons has full control of the remaining stock of the cards. There were proposing to continue supplying our previous retail customers but I don't know if they've made any progress on that front. If anywhere is going to have them then it will be Stationery Supplies as Sarah was actively seeking to maintain her stock and I passed on New Horizon's contact details to her. Worth dropping in if you're passing.

You should be able to make contact with New Horizons through their web site to enquire if anyone local has stock from them. www.newhorizons.org.uk. Otherwise you will need to wait for an event (like the Food and Drink Day) when they have their fund raising stall.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

marveld

Postcards of Marple
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 05:11:14 PM »
http://www.marplewebsitehosting.co.uk/marple-promotions.html

I was hoping to buy 'Set A' or 'Set B' in Marple (Post Office, card shop etc.)  However, the website states that remaining stocks have been donated to New Horizons. I had a look to see if the boat was moored today, but I wasn't in luck.  What's the best way of obtaining these cards?

I settled for a postcard of the Iron Bridge (last one!) from Hallmark on Market Street. They still had several cards of winter scenes, but we appear to be lacking the sale of full-colour multi-view style cards in our local shops.

I've recently been made aware of http://www.postcrossing.com/   Once you've registered and sent a postcard to an existing member (randomly chosen), you will then receive a postcard from someone else, anywhere in the world.  The Iron Bridge card is being sent to Croatia!