Marple Community Forum & Noticeboard
October 25, 2014, 03:45:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Visit the Main Site

News: Banner Adverts on this site raise £1,000 for Skatepark Project

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  

Part P Approved Electrician

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]
  Print  
Author Topic: Co-Op and "Hanburys" site  (Read 12654 times)
hollins

« Reply #105 on: October 12, 2011, 03:55:59 PM »

If the Co-Op decided to vacate their current site it wouldn't be empty for long before Tesco, Asda or Sainsburys moved in. It's a prime location for a supermarket and there's room to expand it into a bigger store too.

This seems a good idea. Tesco, Asda, Sainsburys or whoever buys the Co-op's current site and the Co-op buys the site on Hibbert Lane. Then the College gets its money, we get a decent supermarket in the centre of Marple and there won't be any traffic problems on Hibbert Lane!
amazon

« Reply #106 on: October 12, 2011, 04:56:09 PM »

If the Co-Op decided to vacate their current site it wouldn't be empty for long before Tesco, Asda or Sainsburys moved in. It's a prime location for a supermarket and there's room to expand it into a bigger store too.

This seems a good idea. Tesco, Asda, Sainsburys or whoever buys the Co-op's current site and the Co-op buys the site on Hibbert Lane. Then the College gets its money, we get a decent supermarket in the centre of Marple and there won't be any traffic problems on Hibbert Lane!
             And what do they do with the site on Hibert lane leave it empty .
Marplemum

« Reply #107 on: October 12, 2011, 07:30:32 PM »

Keep up!! the reason there would be no traffic on Hibbert Lane would be because the Co-op would have bought it and as it's so unpopular there would be no traffic  Roll Eyes - all in our dreams of course......
Barbara

« Reply #108 on: October 12, 2011, 07:36:43 PM »

Is it really so unpopular?  There are usually plenty of people in there when I go in.  And the majority of the staff are friendly and helpful.  I think there is a lot of unnecessary mud-slinging going on recently.
Marplemum

« Reply #109 on: October 12, 2011, 08:54:55 PM »

My gripe is not with the staff and I agree that the majority are very friendly and helpful.  The issue is that the prices charged are not at all competitive with other supermarkets (even Sainsbury's in Hazel Grove is usually cheaper and better quality) and the reason that they do overcharge on many items is that they have no competition locally which is why I am in favour of another supermarket in the area.
alison

« Reply #110 on: October 12, 2011, 08:59:18 PM »

they have some fab deals on wine! (hic!)
Deniseam

« Reply #111 on: October 13, 2011, 07:46:19 PM »

Doesn't anybody go straight to the reduced food sections?  I always go there first to see what I can pick up and freeze.  Also the three lots of meat for a tenner is comparable to the other supermarkets.  My gripe is the opposite of what most people say - I find most of the staff in there haven't got the time of day for you.  A cheery hello wouldn't go amiss at the checkout. 
Barbara

« Reply #112 on: October 13, 2011, 08:29:42 PM »

I agree with the reduced items sections - you meet all the best people there!!   Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Tweets by @marplewebsite