Lawler & Co - Marple's Local Independent Estate Agent for Sales and Lettings

Author Topic: YES to a Supermarket on Hibbert Lane  (Read 96611 times)

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Re: YES to a Supermarket on Hibbert Lane
« Reply #220 on: October 13, 2011, 07:01:55 PM »
I'm pleased you've sorted that potential spat out between yourselves, thank you.
Enough "me too's" though. Please stay polite and try to get back on topic.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Miss Marple

« Reply #219 on: October 13, 2011, 06:57:42 PM »

Marplemum

« Reply #218 on: October 13, 2011, 06:55:01 PM »
Point taken - me too ;)

Henry_

« Reply #217 on: October 13, 2011, 06:43:36 PM »
not ment to be m8 sorry- its probably my bad education (or the lack of interest in it on my behalf) that it reads wrong.........what it means is that if you yes campainers are insulted etc it will only make you dig your heals in !

Works both ways John, and yes I agree with you on that.

rotten john

« Reply #216 on: October 13, 2011, 06:43:05 PM »
me old !!! never ;)

rotten john

« Reply #215 on: October 13, 2011, 06:40:52 PM »
not ment to be m8 sorry- its probably my bad education (or the lack of interest in it on my behalf) that it reads wrong.........what it means is that if you yes campainers are insulted etc it will only make you dig your heals in !

Marplemum

« Reply #214 on: October 13, 2011, 06:36:03 PM »
having spoken to one young lady admin/whatever of the facebook yes group she has made up her mind about wanting a tesco/asda etc.i gave her my point of veiw and she was very polite and understanding to which i think (i may be wrong) i won the case,the point im getting at is belittleing them will only make them stand firm in favour.
its a bit like telling teenagers not to smoke they will then do it because you told them not to,not because they wanted to.

a bit patronising rotten john - I'm presuming you are very old ;) ;D

rotten john

« Reply #213 on: October 13, 2011, 06:26:13 PM »
having spoken to one young lady admin/whatever of the facebook yes group she has made up her mind about wanting a tesco/asda etc.i gave her my point of veiw and she was very polite and understanding to which i think (i may be wrong) i won the case,the point im getting at is belittleing them will only make them stand firm in favour.
its a bit like telling teenagers not to smoke they will then do it because you told them not to,not because they wanted to.

rotten john, I demand proof of this conversation. Were minutes taken?  ;)
ello boss wow that didnt take you long i aint got the minutes at hand but your welcome for any new ones lol

Henry_

« Reply #212 on: October 13, 2011, 06:17:38 PM »

rotten john, I demand proof of this conversation. Were minutes taken?  ;)

rotten john

« Reply #211 on: October 13, 2011, 06:12:32 PM »

Osdog

« Reply #210 on: October 12, 2011, 11:48:42 AM »
I confess to being a closet internet shopper.  Sainsbug delivers regularly, and it saves me time and fuel, even with the delivery fee.  Most times they send what I want, and I'll deal with them for everything apart from perishable stuffs.

I like to shop local when I can, but the odd opening hours of some shops makes it hard.  I use Lofthouse Butchers in Compstall, but didn't the other day, as I drove past and they were closed for lunch.  I appreciate they need to have lunch, but it's not easy when I'm on a one trip outing.

There's no easy answer is there ?

JMC

« Reply #209 on: October 12, 2011, 11:29:07 AM »
Funnily I popped over to Hyde last week (my parents live there) and thought to do a bit of shopping whilst out.  The car park in Hyde now charges 50p for half an hour, so there was no time to do anything.  I refused to pay the massive extra amount to add another hour.  So, the option was to park at Morrisons for free - and did the shopping there.  Not a bit Morrison fan, but it did the job.  And it was cheaper than the local shops.  If Stockport put up car park fees, the exact same thing will happen here... 

I'm not particularly in favour of the supermarket here, but I can see what will happen.  Hyde is already deserted......

I'm not sure it is possible to stop the decline of local high streets as they are, though. Customers will go where is cheapest if they have a choice (not always but in many cases). Especially in the recession. Also, there is the lack of time with many more mothers back at work, more people with 2 cars per family enabling them to go further afield, internet shopping (this is a huge one) etc.

Osdog

« Reply #208 on: October 12, 2011, 10:24:20 AM »
Funnily I popped over to Hyde last week (my parents live there) and thought to do a bit of shopping whilst out.  The car park in Hyde now charges 50p for half an hour, so there was no time to do anything.  I refused to pay the massive extra amount to add another hour.  So, the option was to park at Morrisons for free - and did the shopping there.  Not a bit Morrison fan, but it did the job.  And it was cheaper than the local shops.  If Stockport put up car park fees, the exact same thing will happen here... 

I'm not particularly in favour of the supermarket here, but I can see what will happen.  Hyde is already deserted......

Belle Star

« Reply #207 on: October 05, 2011, 11:53:45 PM »
Oh yes that's better and gives a clear message ! 

Thanks, it was especially for you and Belle Star actually! See, we do listen ;)

Thank you kindly!  ;D

Henry_

« Reply #206 on: October 05, 2011, 11:46:56 PM »
Hollins

perhaps you are right about outsiders not interfering in the affairs of other towns and places. I may be persuaded to adopt this point of view if I saw that others were no longer involving themselves in and making decisions about our "daily life" in Marple. Outsiders such as:

- The Board of Directors of Asda, Tesco or whatever supermarket may be planning to develop Hibbert Lane.
- Walsingham Planning who are working with Stockport MBC and whoever to overcome " planning problems".
- Christina Cassidy and other members of the managment team at the college who don't live in the area.
- Stockport Councillors and officials who don't live in or represent Marple.
- People from Moor End
 ;)