Certified Charter Accountants in Marple

Author Topic: Co-Op and "Hanburys" site  (Read 49608 times)

Barbara

Re: Co-Op and "Hanburys" site
« Reply #113 on: October 13, 2011, 08:29:42 PM »
I agree with the reduced items sections - you meet all the best people there!!   :D

Deniseam

« Reply #112 on: October 13, 2011, 07:46:19 PM »
Doesn't anybody go straight to the reduced food sections?  I always go there first to see what I can pick up and freeze.  Also the three lots of meat for a tenner is comparable to the other supermarkets.  My gripe is the opposite of what most people say - I find most of the staff in there haven't got the time of day for you.  A cheery hello wouldn't go amiss at the checkout. 

alison

« Reply #111 on: October 12, 2011, 08:59:18 PM »
they have some fab deals on wine! (hic!)

Marplemum

« Reply #110 on: October 12, 2011, 08:54:55 PM »
My gripe is not with the staff and I agree that the majority are very friendly and helpful.  The issue is that the prices charged are not at all competitive with other supermarkets (even Sainsbury's in Hazel Grove is usually cheaper and better quality) and the reason that they do overcharge on many items is that they have no competition locally which is why I am in favour of another supermarket in the area.

Barbara

« Reply #109 on: October 12, 2011, 07:36:43 PM »
Is it really so unpopular?  There are usually plenty of people in there when I go in.  And the majority of the staff are friendly and helpful.  I think there is a lot of unnecessary mud-slinging going on recently.

Marplemum

« Reply #108 on: October 12, 2011, 07:30:32 PM »
Keep up!! the reason there would be no traffic on Hibbert Lane would be because the Co-op would have bought it and as it's so unpopular there would be no traffic  ::) - all in our dreams of course......

amazon

« Reply #107 on: October 12, 2011, 04:56:09 PM »
If the Co-Op decided to vacate their current site it wouldn't be empty for long before Tesco, Asda or Sainsburys moved in. It's a prime location for a supermarket and there's room to expand it into a bigger store too.

This seems a good idea. Tesco, Asda, Sainsburys or whoever buys the Co-op's current site and the Co-op buys the site on Hibbert Lane. Then the College gets its money, we get a decent supermarket in the centre of Marple and there won't be any traffic problems on Hibbert Lane!
             And what do they do with the site on Hibert lane leave it empty .

hollins

« Reply #106 on: October 12, 2011, 03:55:59 PM »
If the Co-Op decided to vacate their current site it wouldn't be empty for long before Tesco, Asda or Sainsburys moved in. It's a prime location for a supermarket and there's room to expand it into a bigger store too.

This seems a good idea. Tesco, Asda, Sainsburys or whoever buys the Co-op's current site and the Co-op buys the site on Hibbert Lane. Then the College gets its money, we get a decent supermarket in the centre of Marple and there won't be any traffic problems on Hibbert Lane!

Howard

« Reply #105 on: October 12, 2011, 01:34:22 PM »
The "Hanburys...you heard it first" thread has been merged into this "Hanburys - Co-op" thread to keep it tidy.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #104 on: October 11, 2011, 08:27:14 PM »
I don't think the Co-op could compete with another supermarket within the 'retail zone'  and potentially we could end up with yet another empty (and very prominent) retail space.

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Miss Marple

« Reply #103 on: October 11, 2011, 07:24:28 PM »
SHE ! was aving a laff with ya !  ;D

Tricky

« Reply #102 on: October 11, 2011, 04:59:46 PM »
Yes MIA reported this sometime back
The plans are that now the building is split in half Costa will have half the building and the other half is being actively  marketed.   Unless things have changed , but that's what MIA was informed by Coop head office nearly 3 months ago !

Hmm.. did MIA post that info on here? you'll have to show me where Miss M.

I did a search on the forum and couldn't find any mention of Costa taking 'Hanbury's' space.. or anyone tbf.

anyhow, the actual information is now provided, along with all plans/drawings etc.

Tricky In Action..   ;)august 4 . miss marple posted re hanburys site .

I think we've covered that Amazon.

MM did point out that she'd posted a (vague) message about an independant coffee shop.

I'm not sure why she's bothered about the fact she was first? You'd have to ask her. I certainly wasn't trying to steal her thunder.

My mistake was searching for "Costa" who are to be the actual occupiers. Further than that, all I did was provide the detail and a link to the relevent documents.

You see, to me, the important things are the actual facts. (which is probably why I'm not totally committed to the NO campaign (yet!))

Personally I'm glad Costa is coming to Marple..  good product, good name.  I bet it brings people into the village too.

meh

tina

« Reply #101 on: October 11, 2011, 04:58:55 PM »
There are not enough hours in the day for me at the moment,But if you would like to protest eventhough it's probably too late, I'm sure lots of people will support you!

I think u missed my sarcasm

sooty2

« Reply #100 on: October 11, 2011, 04:48:45 PM »
There are not enough hours in the day for me at the moment,But if you would like to protest eventhough it's probably too late, I'm sure lots of people will support you!Yes it is awful when the big firms move in, for example one of the big four supermarkets will almost certainly put a lot of small shops out of business.I think this town is in a bad place at the moment as are lots of homeowners that will be looking out on to a supermarket.

tina

« Reply #99 on: October 11, 2011, 04:41:12 PM »
I don't think it matters who 1st posted about it, It just got lost amongst the other topics. End of the day its ANOTHER cafe/coffee shop what we don't need! is anyone going to protest about it, because it could put other cafes out of business???? .... No I didn't think so!