Marple Festival Competition prizes were presented to the winners by the Mayor of Stockport, Councillor Hazel Lees, in Marple Library yesterday. Steve Abbott was 'master of ceremonies' and did a great job of it. Arthur Procter was also there in his best suit to coordinate the prizes for the Photography Competition.
Prize Winners were as follows, and well done to everyone for taking part:Oldknow Annual Pie Competition 2010
1. Savoury Pie winner Steve Bennett.
2. Fruit Pie, David Hibbert (not present at ceremony).
3. ‘A Pie for One’ winner Daniel Leatherbarrow.
4. Professional category. All Things Nice Rick Morris (not present at ceremony).Photographic Competition
1. First Prize - David Burridge for his relections of Market Street in Brass.
2. Second Prize - Svetlana Roberts for her picture of horseboat Maria arriving for the festival.
3. Third Prize - Gavin Eyquem for his shot of a young boy watching Mart Rodgers Jazz Band.Pro Loco Art Competition11 years and under:
1. First place - Olivia Lucy Haywood.
2. Second place - Bethany Waugh.
3. Joint third place - Lauren & Hannah Monks.Adults
1. First place - Kath Kelly.
2. Second place - Graham Haywood.
3. Third place - Shirley Bewsher.
4. Forth place - Joyce Reed.
5. Fifth place - Colin Jackson.
Photographs of all the winners who attended the ceremony receiving their prizes from the Mayor have been added to the Marple Festival Photogallery this morning: http://visitmarple.co.uk/photos/thumbnails.php?album=lastup&cat=-98