Janine Kelly - Yoga teacher in Marple

Author Topic: All Saints Church, Graveyard  (Read 10543 times)

MLHS

Re: All Saints Church, Graveyard
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2017, 04:31:27 PM »
You may wish to know that Hilary Atkinson at MLHS has details of the gravestone inscriptions which were recorded over 30 years ago.

Contact Hilary via the Marple Local History Society web site here:

http://www.marplelocalhistorysociety.org.uk/society-contacts.html

Elaine1934

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2017, 07:41:15 AM »
Many thanks for adding my grandparents info on find a grave it meqns so much to me gradaughter of albert and florence evans

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2010, 05:01:00 PM »
If you are looking for someone specific and there are no records at All Saints it might be worth looking at Mellor church as I know from family history that there were Marple burials at Mellor church at least in the first half of the twentieth century. My grandfather and great grandparents are tucked in there despite living in All Saints parish.

alan@marple

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2010, 06:53:20 PM »
I am slowly getting through my own list of the graves, yesterday I took about 100 photos and am transcribing from the photo's it's a slow but very interesting project.

If any ex pats would like me to see if I have any info of photo's please email me with the details

Regards

Alan

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gsr&GSsr=41&GScid=2362709&

Gigi

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2010, 01:36:08 PM »
I agree with you about the peace and tranquility Alan, I have spent many hours sitting on the corner overlooking Mellor and just watching the cloud scudding across the valley.    A true gift from God.  In fact the scene was painted for me by a local artist - Arthur Pateman. 
As a genealogist I appreciate your efforts.  Thanks

alan@marple

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2010, 07:25:50 PM »
Thank you

chslady

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2010, 04:05:44 PM »
Alan
The burials for All Saints have been produced in microfiche by North Cheshire FHS, but your website will be another source for all family history researchers who cannot get to Marple. I am sure it will be much appreciated by many people.

Good luck with your project.

alan@marple

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2010, 09:03:12 AM »
Dear Tony

Thank you for your well intended advice on the website.

I will most certainly contact the organisation.

For your information and perhaps in anticipation of your advice, I have recently send a communication to the church advising them of my intentions. The Rev Parkinson is currently on holiday and I entertain no doubt that he will respond to me.

As far as wasting my time is concerned, well I need the exercise and I also enjoy the peace and tranquility of the churchyard and it does make me reflect on my own mortality.

Kindest regards

Alan

tonyjones

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2010, 07:21:47 PM »
Before you spend a great deal of time writing down details of all the graves at All Saints you should contact Hilary at Marple Local History Society. They may already have details of all the graves.

I would also suggest that you check with the Vicar to make sure he is happy with you doing this.

alan@marple

All Saints Church, Graveyard
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010, 05:09:25 PM »
I am recording some of the details on the graves at All Saints, my interest is genealogy one of my programmes is

"find a grave.com"

Here is a link:

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=cr&CRid=2362709

I have started at the far end of the graveyard working along the wall by the field any contributions to the website would be appreciated my database of the first 20 graves has been submitted awaiting publication.

You will need to register on the site at no charge.

If anyone else is doing similar work please let me know to avoid replications or collaborate

Regards

Alan