Brabyns Preparatory School -Scholarships

Author Topic: Rubbish / Tipping  (Read 2645 times)

Osdog

Re: Rubbish / Tipping
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2010, 12:29:29 PM »
Ahhhh - I see.... hence the notices....  LOL

jogger

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2010, 03:23:00 PM »
Won't go into detail on here but one of the residents at the back of me doesn't like people reversing their cars there.

So most people end up reversing on my drive on the one opposite me.

Osdog

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2010, 01:30:13 PM »
Interesting you should say that about the garden waste.  Was chatting to a guy (presumably from one of the bungalows) the other day.  He was emphatic that he put his garden rubbish along the path so it would become compost, so he could put it up against the hedge and allow it to grow better  - i did detect a note of guilt at being caught 'in the act' as it were. 

Whilst I'm on, I'll say thank you for moving the bags.  I jiggled one around the other day, it was full of tin cans and bottles.  Something that would easily have gone into the recycle bins supplied by Stockport.

You don't happen to know why those horrible plant containers are at the end of that road do you?  They seem to serve no earthly useful purpose other than to let my dog sniff them, every time I go up there.

jogger

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2010, 12:36:17 PM »
I live not a stones throw away from the bottom footpath on Hollins Lane.

You are correct about the bin bags, I have been moving them and putting them in my own brown wheelie bin.
They seem to appear most weekends.

I also see quite a few people dumping their garden waste in the same area.

Osdog

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 08:18:41 AM »
I'll chase it up some more.  Since I wrote last, a whole heap of rubbish bags have appeared at the other end of the footpath.

Tricky

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 11:20:14 AM »
Fill this in - https://interactive.stockport.gov.uk/flytipping/flytip.aspx

Your initial complaint may have been misplaced - I know certain offices have moved in the last year..

meh

Osdog

Rubbish / Tipping
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 10:27:03 AM »
About a year ago, a landowner in Marple Bridge replaced his field gates, and some fencing.  However, he then left all the wire, wooden posts, and stuff left over from the refit, at the side of the footpath.  I complained to Stockport - and they said they would investigate.  (Ref Number 10655467) - after about 6 months, I rang them again and they said they had been out and photographed the stuff, and were investigating.  Now, over a year on, the rubbish is still there.

The footpath runs between Hollins Lane Marple Bridge, and Ley Lane, up an ancient track, coming out in between the two field gates that were replaced.

I'm really fed up now that Stockport can't or won't do anything.  Surely the simplest way would have been to move the rubbish from the side of the pathway, and then bill the landowner, whom I believe has been contacted by the authority. 

Can someone tell me why they can't deal with what amounts to fly tipping.... ?

Aggrieved of Marple Bridge