Marple Health - for Wholefoods and Supplements to look GOOD and feel GREAT!

Author Topic: The Ring o' Bells  (Read 19755 times)

alan@marple

Re: The Ring o' Bells
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2009, 12:24:20 PM »

Orangewhipp, I get the feeling that you have fallen out with the ringers, or have you perhaps been accused of being a naughtyboy or girl and been Barred?, please forgive me if I am incorrect

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2009, 05:56:15 PM »
The Ring o' Bells is in heat 2 of Pure Radio's search for Stockport's Perfect Pub this week in a head-to-head with the Sir Robert Peel in Edgeley. This is part of a longer term battle of 16 of Stockport's finest locals, one of which will be crowned the winner in March.

Follow this link to listen to the Podcasts and then cast your vote:  www.pureradio.org.uk
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

orangewhip

« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2009, 03:24:21 PM »
The Ringers has great potential, I shall certainly endeavour to pop up there again in the near future.  I won't go into details (because the post will be removed!), let me just take this opportunity to wish everyone concerned the very best for the future. 

I might even give Murillo's another chance at this rate!  >:(

orangewhip

« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2009, 12:22:26 PM »
A tad busy at the mo I'm afraid Rudolph, but once I've finished this little lot I'll jump back on the information superhighway and share my two-penneth. 

Enjoy your lunch you lucky lucky people!  :)

Rudolph Hucker

« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2009, 10:12:42 AM »
Quick, Orangewhip, someone's recommending the Ringer's....!

alan@marple

Ring O'Bells, a good meal
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2009, 08:16:54 PM »
Had a great meal the other night:

Deep fried cheese in breadcrumbs with salad

Chili Beef Enchiladas

Apple pie and cream with custard

and service with a smile

nbt

« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2009, 07:34:08 PM »
On the recommendation of a friend, we recently went back to the Ringers for a meal. What a difference the new chef has made! The food there, which was never bad, has improved vastly. We've eaten there half a dozen times in the past month and have enjoyed every meal. Worth a special trip, in my view
NBT: Notoriously Bad Typist

Miss Marple

« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2009, 02:14:18 PM »
 :-X Yes I am always on the Defence ! Think I should work for the Ministry.  I had nothing to complain about directly about the meal which was lovely with great service.  It was only the amount of veg (I am a veggie) that I had concern over.  As I stated origanally I feel it may have been that we ate late and there may have been a shortage of veg but the veg we did have was cooked to perfection.   

Rachael

« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2009, 01:27:46 PM »
Are you always on the defence ?

It was just a question ?

I dont understand the logic of eating a meal that you are not entirely happy with , not shouting up about the "problem"  at the time ,  paying for it, then leaving and not saying a word  ..  and there was me thinking that you were so vocal about everything  :P!

Then again, it could begin to question what one sees as a large or small portion , blowing so much  hot air can give one a rather large appetite !!  ( teasing !!)

;D
 8)

Miss Marple

« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2009, 08:01:11 PM »
No I just moaned afterwards about it !!  I love a good old moan don't you  ??? That's probably why you are on this site like me!!   MOAN MOAN MOAN !!!!

Rachael

« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2009, 07:48:32 AM »
Did you say something when you were there Miss Marple, and give them the chance to sort it for you ? ,  or did you just put up with it,  pay for it ,  then leave and then have a moan on here about it ?

We were there a few weeks ago for something to eat, I had the Jerk Chicken kebabs,  hmmmm they were yummy !!

I'm not in a position to eat out often, so the times that I do,  if something isn't right, then I tell them, and don't have any qualms about doing so , most places are willing to sort it out I think . :)

Miss Marple

« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2009, 02:48:33 PM »
 :-[  Went for my first meal at the Ringers on Sunday found the meal tasty but lacking in quantity.  A large yorkshire pudding dominated the plate but there was only a very small amount of veg and one roast potato, came home and made sandwiches as we were still hungry.  Maybe they had had a rush on and were short of veg hope the portion of veg sizes are better next time we visit  ???

orangewhip

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2008, 03:34:24 PM »
Last Saturday evening, on my way to The Hatters (voted Best Pub in Marple in a recent poll), I nipped into the Ring O Bells.  After a swift visit to the gents, and the purchase of some dry roasted to see me down the hill, I was on my way.  In the end I found the place lively, warm and inviting.     

Dave

« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2008, 01:52:41 PM »
We went for a meal at the Rimgers the other day - it was the first time we'd eaten there for years.  It was a very good meal and excellent value.  We'll be back.   :P

jet

« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2008, 05:26:57 PM »
The Bulls Head has also had a repaint and looks a lot smarter.