Cole and Fox Interior Design Marple | Romiley | Stockport

Linked Events

• Marple Festival: September 10, 2010 - September 25, 2010

Author Topic: Marple Festival [10 - 25 September 2010]  (Read 16701 times)

amazon

Re: Marple Festival [10 - 25 September 2010]
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2010, 08:23:28 PM »
File 3. WOW ;)

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2010, 06:31:12 PM »
Without being too un-PC, I hope, here's the one the chaps were waiting for! Last night's Charity Fundraising Marple Festival Fashion Show photos taken by Arthur are now on-line  :P

http://visitmarple.co.uk/photos/thumbnails.php?album=lastup&cat=-98
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2010, 08:10:28 PM »
It's a good job I've had me tea! Pictures from last night's Cookery Demonstrations by Eddie Shepherd and Richard Morris at the Cricket Club have just been added to the Virtual Tour Festival album:

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2010, 05:15:26 PM »
I reckon that nobody could actually get to every event that's on as part of the Marple Festival but Arthur Procter's having a flippin' good try! Here are images from last night's September Soiree at Marple & Cheadle College and from the Open Mic Night at the Navigation:

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2010, 07:44:49 PM »
Phew....... photographs of the Halle Youth Choir, Bierkeller Band Night, Victorian Marple, Last Night at the Proms, The Folk Train and Steve Abbott's Art Exhibition have been uploaded tonight. Thanks to Arthur and to David Burridge for the camera work.

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2010, 09:17:21 PM »
Several photos from the Society of Marple Artists' Pro-Loco held today in Memorial Park have been added to the Festival Album tonight. Commiseration to the SMA for the awful weather but well done to Steve Abbott and the people who stuck with it despite the rain.

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2010, 06:43:13 AM »
This morning there are photos from the Civic Society Archives presentation on Thursday night and the first night of the Real Ale and Wine Festival at Marple Cricket Club. And Arthur didn't even have a drink - that's dedication for you!

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2010, 07:30:00 AM »
This morning we have some photos of last night's concert by Africa's Lady of song, International soprano Margaret Ferguson, at the Holy Spirit Church. Shame we can't capture the sound:

Don't forget to help Arthur out by sending in your photos of other events that he wasn't able to attend.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2010, 07:37:41 AM »
This morning some photos of the Halle Concert at the United Reform Church have been added to the Marple Festival album on the Virtual Tour:

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2010, 07:15:39 PM »
A new album has been created on the Virtual History Tour covering the Marple Festival and photographs from the first few days are now on-line. A special thanks to Artur Procter, official festival photographer, for most of these.

Those of you who have Festival photos that you'd like to share, please do send them in to mark@marple-uk.com to be added to the collection but remember to keep your best two for the photo competition being judged by Arthur after the Festival is finished.

Here's the link to the new album: http://visitmarple.co.uk/photos/thumbnails.php?album=98
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2010, 08:40:46 AM »
The Marple Website is now ready for the Marple Festival starting on 10 September 2010 and culminating in the Food and Drink Day and Festival Ball on 25 September. It looks like it will be jam-packed and probably impossible to take in every event but there should be something for everyone.

This Festival section of the Events Calender now features all the events that are currently detailed and will be updated with new information and corrections as and when they become available.

Registered users - if you are involved in any of these events and have extra information then feel free to add it to the relevent thread. Also if you get in touch with organisers for more information then please share it here with everyone else.

The Festival organisers also have their own web site at www.marplefestival.org.uk. At the moment this has a holding page but I've been advised that it will go "live" tomorrow and will have full details of the events, venues and competitions. Banners and links have been set up on the main site and these will take you to new pages once they do go "live". Here's the announcement from the organisers:

Marple Festival 10-25 September 2010

Building on the success of its Food & Drink Festival of the past three years, Marple is holding an exciting new festival celebrating local culture.  This will be an ambitious two week event with a rich mix of arts, performance and heritage, culminating in a Food & Drink Day and Festival Ball.

The programme promises great variety, all showcasing Marple, with something for all ages.  Foreign film, drama, dance, and literary events will appeal to art buffs.  Music and song feature strongly with jazz, pop, swing, brass, classical, symphony, folk…plus choirs, bands and barbershop.

There are guided canal walks around the spectacular flight of 16 locks and aqueduct; canal boats; art in the park; children’s storytimes; literary workshops; comedy and talent nights; a charity fashion show; painting and photography exhibitions.  Then the Festival finishes with a flourish for foodies – a beerfest, wine tasting, cookery demonstrations and the popular Food and Drink Day.

Information: Website www.marplefestival.org.uk, Vernon Building Society in Marple for tickets, local shops and Marple’s own Festival newspaper
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2010, 06:44:19 PM »
Information is now starting to come in about specific events at the festival and Marple Cricket Club are certainly making a big effort with a 350 capacity marquee to stage their events.

I've created a separate board in the Events Section for Festival Events and populated it with the details that the Cricket Club have provided (I've also moved this topic to the new board).

If you find out about any more details before I do then please post them here to share with everyone.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

andy+kirsty

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2010, 10:17:45 AM »
I don't suppose anyone knows of a contact number for the organisers? I'm after a 'stall' for the event on the 25th.

I have looked at the web page, but it is mainly concerned with last years festival, and have emailed the 'info' address but to no avail.

please PM me or andyjackson @ me dot com

cheers

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2010, 04:37:51 PM »
It's morphed into more than just a food festival but not had any information about it yet apart from what's already in this thread (to which I've just moved Barbara's enquiry).
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Barbara

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2010, 04:31:58 PM »
Can anyone tell me if there is to be a Food Festival this year, and if so when?  I want to make sure I am around if so, as it was great last year. :D