Marple Community Forum & Noticeboard
October 25, 2014, 06:29:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Visit the Main Site

News: Banner Adverts on this site raise £1,000 for Skatepark Project

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  

Tinkerbell Tiaras

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Oddfellows  (Read 18012 times)
Djmell

« Reply #75 on: July 07, 2012, 09:10:43 AM »

Went for a meal for the first time this week at the Oddfellows and can report that the food was fantastic!

I couldn't swear to it, but it certainly appeared that every element appeared to be made from fresh - no frozen meals!

Nice to see that most of the tables were busy and also good to see a local business operating successfully.

We all have the right to an personal opinion, whether you agree with it or not!
Dave

« Reply #76 on: August 14, 2012, 04:27:44 PM »

...but I do wish they would open at normal times.  We dropped by about 7.00 on Sunday evening and the door was firmly locked!   Angry
Duke Fame

« Reply #77 on: August 14, 2012, 11:44:55 PM »

For Sale sign has gone and work is going on inside.

Rumours abound so I wont speculate but if the rumours are on the right track it is good news for this special little pub.

Fingers crossed!
                             Know the people that have bought it . [ will give it six months ]

So, how do you like your egg? Poached or on your face?
bluebelly

« Reply #78 on: August 23, 2012, 11:16:16 AM »

the oddies has had a good review in todays metro,
well done guys
Dave

« Reply #79 on: November 25, 2012, 03:02:25 PM »

Had a good meal there a couple of evenings ago. The bar was crowded and, as others have reported, it can get extremely noisy when there are so many people in.  The food was good and fair value - although I still maintain that £3.30 for a pint of bitter is too much for round here    Cry.
One improvement is that they seem to have stopped doing this: 
There is a discretionary 10% service charge added which also includes any drinks taken as part of the meal (including beer). That is a bit naughty.
Cripes

« Reply #80 on: December 04, 2012, 10:50:37 PM »

This is great news for the Oddfellows http://www.viamichelin.co.uk/web/Restaurant/Mellor-SK6_5PT-Oddfellows-356141-41102
bluebelly

« Reply #81 on: February 07, 2013, 10:29:27 AM »

went there the other friday, well worth a visit .
great food and a very friendly welcome. will be back soon
My login is Henrietta

« Reply #82 on: February 14, 2013, 11:39:10 PM »

Looking at the menu I think £12 for a burger and £12 for fish and chips is pushing it more than a bit!
Duke Fame

« Reply #83 on: February 15, 2013, 12:05:09 AM »

Looking at the menu I think £12 for a burger and £12 for fish and chips is pushing it more than a bit!

£12 fish & Chips is reasonable, it cost about £5 for take away and £4 to make it yourself
Dave

« Reply #84 on: February 15, 2013, 09:35:39 AM »

I agree with Duke.  The Oddfellows food prices are not excessive for a place of that quality. If you check the Oddies' nearest competitor (foodwise), the Hare and Hounds at Mill Brow, you'll see the prices are very similar.  No doubt they keep a close eye on one another.

Now the price of beer at the Oddies - don't get me started on that.........    Roll Eyes
Dave

« Reply #85 on: February 26, 2013, 11:05:36 AM »

We went along to the Oddies again last week.  I'm not normally a great consumer of burgers, but I had the home made lamb burger, and honestly, it was delicious - the best burger I've ever eaten anywhere.   Tongue  At £12 it was a bargain! 
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Tweets by @marplewebsite