Consulting Structural & Civil Engineers in Marple Bridge

Author Topic: The Oddfellows  (Read 46004 times)

u360213

Re: The Oddfellows
« Reply #56 on: October 24, 2011, 09:23:34 AM »
what did the original manchester confidential article say?

The original article said that Bryn would be partenered by Mark Hix, goodness knows where they got that one from!

Cripes

« Reply #55 on: October 22, 2011, 01:03:01 PM »
A new sign has appeared, describing the Oddies as an 'Ale House and Dining Room'. Oh dear... :-(

Why "Oh dear"? Another great place to eat is excellent news and Rhubarb has an excellent reputation.

moorendman

« Reply #54 on: October 21, 2011, 04:57:54 PM »
what did the original manchester confidential article say?

u360213

« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2011, 01:37:11 PM »

Not bad..... only 15mins after I posted it here the article has been re-written to exclude the links to Mark Hix, litigation threats were quick off the mark methinks  ;)

Still, Bryn is a top notch chef, should be interesting although undoubtedly not the straightforward pub grub that some were hoping for...

u360213

« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2011, 01:21:42 PM »

Strewth, I can scarcely believe this article!

http://www.manchesterconfidential.co.uk/Sleuth/Sleuth-21-10-2011

You heard it here first!

amazon

« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2011, 04:35:37 PM »
A new sign has appeared, describing the Oddies as an 'Ale House and Dining Room'. Oh dear... :-(

See My earlyer post .

Dave

« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2011, 09:04:09 AM »

Dave

« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2011, 09:36:31 AM »
Any ideas when it is looking to reopen?

A notice in the window says November.  The good news is that it seems to have been prised out of the grip of Enterprise Inns, so maybe there's a chance it might actually survive this time......

amazon

« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2011, 07:18:09 PM »

For Sale sign has gone and work is going on inside.

Rumours abound so I wont speculate but if the rumours are on the right track it is good news for this special little pub.

Fingers crossed!

workmen are also in at the norfolk . Marple bridge

mikeinfrance

« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2011, 04:50:19 PM »

Rumours abound so I wont speculate but if the rumours are on the right track it is good news for this special little pub.

Fingers crossed!

amazon

« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2011, 11:41:47 AM »
give it Six Months

:o That's a bit cynical isn't it? I think I would only make a comment like that after it had been open for a while. I sincerely wish anyone all the best luck in opening somewhere new and investing money in these difficult times. The fact that The Oddfellows is now no longer owned by Enterprise Inns should give them a fair chance and the rest of us hope.
                    OK Will apologise for that .

Dave

« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2011, 09:38:36 AM »
Agreed.  If the above means that it is going to re-open as a pub, and not be converted into a 'desirable' residence, then that's good news.  As Guy has shown at the Hare and Hounds in Mill Brow, if you have a good chef and decent beer, and sensible prices, people will beat a path to your door, even if you are a bit out of the way. 

moorendman

« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2011, 09:32:14 AM »
give it Six Months

:o Thats a bit cynical isnt it? I think I would only make a comment like that after it had been open for a while. I sincerely wish anyone all the best luck in opening somewhere new and investing money in these difficult times. The fact that The Oddfellows is now no longer owned by Enterprise Inns should give them a fair chance and the rest of us hope.

amazon

« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2011, 08:24:32 PM »

Fingers crossed!
                             Know the people that have bought it . [ will give it six months ]

u360213

« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2011, 07:28:35 PM »

Fingers crossed!