To advertise on this site

Author Topic: Mrs Peppercorn's Magical Reading Room  (Read 34143 times)

orangewhip

Re: Mrs Peppercorn's Magical Reading Room
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2010, 03:12:13 PM »
Crikey!

The production stills look fantastic, looking forward to seeing this.

When is this radio interview due to take place and could we have a link for it please?

All the best  :) 

MrsPeppercorn

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2010, 10:22:31 AM »
Hi,

We'd just like to thank the people from Marple Bridge who have been so supportive. Libby's, Royal Scot etc.. without their help this no budget film would have not been made.

To clear up some issues, we arranged for Dally and his fire fighting team from the Marple station to come and clean the street, who were extremely happy to help out. They could see what we were trying to do for the local community in this current recession, to increase trade and visitors to the beautiful village. Unfortunately some narrow minded individuals who have made it very difficult for us to do what we intended and this is not acceptable, especially when one individual brought one of the production team to tears after the constant aggressive abuse (in my next radio interview I shall name these individuals). Other people have complained about noise or rudeness of the crew, which is completely untrue, they have been the most pleasant crew I have ever worked with. I would also like to add, every single person worked for 3 15 hour nights completely for free, this film was made with no budget, but we hope you can see how much hard work was put in to making it very hollywood.

Below is a link to some of the production images for you to view and to see how hard we worked over 3 very long nights to transform the village into something very different.

http://www.lehan.co.uk/mpmrr

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2010, 05:54:30 PM »
Topics merged  ;)
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Basementlife

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2010, 02:01:20 PM »
Whoops sorry, failed to notice that ! It's my age I tell you  :)

amazon

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2010, 01:58:00 PM »
There are some posters in marple bridge informing people about it .

badger

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2010, 12:27:22 PM »
Check out Mrs Peppercorns Magical Reading Room in Miscellaneous section. :)

Basementlife

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 12:18:40 PM »

amazon

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2010, 09:09:02 PM »
 :)Filming will start on Friday afternoon from 4 pm town street the road is being closed from that time till five in the morning for three nights . most of the filming is being done at the talisman book shop don't know if the road is closed to people . i know some of the shops are not very happy about this loss of trade etc .will find out more to morrow Monday .and keep you posted .

sgk

Deniseam

Mrs Peppercorn's Magical Reading Room
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 10:38:59 AM »
From the How-do.co.uk website
Film director Mike Le Han has been in touch with How-Do to talk about his latest project, Mrs Peppercorn's Magical Reading Room.
The short film is due to start shooting in Marple Bridge, Stockport on 5 February and promises to evoke a look and feel that is akin to the cinema outings of one Harry Potter.
Le Han told How-Do that it was "a huge project" that was already "creating a buzz" in industry and local media circles.
To date it has attracted over 30 cast and crew members, all of whom are getting involved for the "pure passion" of the film, rather than any financial benefits - the budget is "zero" apparently.
Hollywood film composer and orchestrator Kevin Kliesch has been brought in to score the piece (a veteran of features such as X-Men and Superman Returns), while Jane Cox (Emmerdale's Lisa Dingle) and Stephen Boye (No Angels) have been confirmed in the cast. Phil Leach is to be producer.
Le Han said that his feedback from the industry had told him that the crew would be "achieving the unachievable" and that the end product would be "a great film."
"We are hoping Warner Brothers will pick it up and tag it to their next Harry Potter feature as a preview film before the main feature," he added.
Le Han has been a drama director for 14 years and in 2009 was nominated for two gongs at the Royal Television Society Awards for his work on The Great Train Robbery and Crimes That Shook Britain, both Title Role productions.
The running time of Mrs Peppercorn's Magical Reading Room will be between eight and 15 minutes.