Landscape Gardening Maintenance Marple & Marple Bridge

Author Topic: Mrs Peppercorn's Magical Reading Room  (Read 34145 times)

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Re: Mrs Peppercorn's Magical Reading Room
« Reply #55 on: May 31, 2012, 07:28:52 PM »
For anyone who can't wait for their copy, or didn't make a donation for one and would like to see the film, go here:

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2012, 06:16:00 PM »
I've just received the following message from Mike Le Han:

Hi Mark,

Can you let everyone know a DVD will be sent out after the 1st June as the last film festival result is then. So anyone who donated to the film will receive their copy of the film some time in June.

Can they also email contact@blacklakefilms.co.uk with an updated address for us to send out to?

Best

MLH

Mike Le Han
Director
M: 0044 7972 378 585
Agents: WME | Los Angeles - MBA Literary Agency | London
Management: Zero Gravity | Los Angeles
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

jet

Re: Marple on tv
« Reply #53 on: March 31, 2011, 02:02:19 PM »
My Wife and I went to see the premier of Mrs Peppercorn Magical Reading Room at the BAFTA Theatre in London on Tuesday .We really enjoyed this Children's Short Film directed by Mike Le Han.Most of the filming took place in Marple Bridge and hopfully it will be made into a full length movie.Well done to the public of Marple who contributed to the making of the film

Miss Marple

« Reply #52 on: March 31, 2011, 11:02:57 AM »
Can it be screened at Marple at for future date  ???

MrsPeppercorn

« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2011, 03:14:39 PM »
Hi Everyone

Black Lake Films would like to officially state that the premiere for Mrs Peppercorn's Magical Reading Room will be held on the 29th March at Bafta in London 195 Piccadilly at 7pm.

Can all crew, cast and donators please send us your home addresses so invites can be sent out. Email to contact 'at' blacklakefilms.co.uk replace the 'at' with @

Anyone who is not able to attend the big event, we shall be hosting a screening in Manchester soon, a date and location has not yet been confirmed! National and international press will be at the Bafta event amongst some cast and crew who can attend.

We hope to see you there.

Best Regards

Black Lake Films

MrsPeppercorn

« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2011, 10:21:31 AM »
Hi everyone,

we hope you all had a great Christmas and new year. Sorry for the lack of communication, but wanted to let you know we have been extremely busy finishing off the film. A huge amount of work had to be done in post production with visual effects teams from all over the world helping out make the short film truly magical and we have everything except one shot which the is the opening to the film. A completely computer generated shot which we hope will be very close to photorealistic... fingers crossed there.

Anyway we are hoping to have the official premiere at the Bafta facility the second week of March which is in London and then a local screening, most likely in Manchester as we don't currently have a 35mm print to show at The Regent. At some point in the future we hope this to change, but it costs around £8000 to get a 35mm print to show in these types of cinemas. We will have a DCP which is the new Digital Cinema Project which most new facilities use etc... I won't bore you with the details :D

Anyway we just need to finalise the Special thanks to credit and have uploaded a still from the end rolling credits for you to see. If you donated £10 towards the short film and your name is not on the credits we need to know within the next few days as they will be signed off. we have gone through all correspondence to ensure no one was missed, but with over 160 people involved in making Mrs Peppercorn some one might have been missed... So if your name is not on this list for the £10 special thanks to donation please email contact 'at' blacklakefilms.co.uk with your email receipt from Paypal which shows your donation.

Please do keep an eye on the Mrs Peppercorn facebook page for updates.

Best

Mike
Black Lake Films Limited

[attachment deleted by admin]

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2010, 07:34:38 AM »
Mike Le Han was in touch recently about the end credits and he told me that these were being created on 7 December. Hopefully won't be long now!
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

sooty2

« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2010, 10:22:08 PM »
Film not finished yet, it's in its final phase. You can read all about Mrs P' on Facebook, where the producer posts regular updates.

amazon

« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2010, 08:29:42 PM »
Does Anyone know when we will be receiving the copy of the DVD . that some off use contributed to i think it was ten pound . if my mind serves me right .

MrsPeppercorn

« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2010, 11:40:00 AM »
Hi everyone,

Thanks for the on going support. A couple of things, we recently made a £100 donation to the Marple Bridge Association for their support in allowing us to film in the village.

Secondly, the open film competition has closed and we didn't get into the top six, but there's plenty more festivals out there and these were only for the film trailer.

We have however been accepted onto the Internation Movie Trailer Festival held in Los Angeles and you can vote for the trailer here http://www.imtf.biz/vote.php?trailer_id=64 fingers crossed we'll win, but its a tall order to get the large amount of votes some of the other trailers have gained so far.

Further news, we are nearing the end of the edit, lots of computer generated images still being produced, some of the Harry Potter, Bond and Clash Of The Titans sound crew are also helping out with Mrs Peppercorn to make the sound tracks very cinematic.

Keep watching out for more info in the coming months... film will be ready in the Autumn.

Lastly, we just signed a co-production deal to write a Mrs Peppercorn feature film trilogy so we are extremely busy on that currently, so if all goes quiet, this is why. There's always material being placed on the Mrs Peppercorn fan page on Facebook, so if you aren't a member, get joining..

Best Regards
Black Lake Films

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2010, 11:19:50 AM »
Not long left now to vote for Mrs Peppercorn on the Openfilm web site, so please follow this link and vote if you feel it's worth it:

http://www.openfilm.com/videos/mrs_peppercorn_s_magical_reading_room/
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2010, 09:01:25 PM »
Me too, although I seemed to have a bit of trouble registering but I managed to vote in the end!
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

marveld

« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2010, 08:50:26 PM »
You have my support. I logged in and voted. Keep us posted!!

MrsPeppercorn

« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2010, 08:44:10 PM »
Mrs Peppercorn's Magical Reading Room official trailer is now online. It's received so much positive publicity that it was accepted onto openfilm.com run by the actor James Cann.

It's a competition and the highest six votes are sent to a panel and a winner is selected in August. We'd really appreciate your support and vote. You have to join to vote but it is free.

Please go here to watch the trailer http://www.openfilm.com/videos/mrs_peppercorn_s_magical_reading_room/ and if you feel it deserves a 5 star then please do select it, the higher the star and the greater the votes, the better chance we'd have.

Thanks

Black Lake Films

MrsPeppercorn

« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2010, 08:34:24 AM »
We've decided to add this link where you can see the list updating. Please check it out when you can and see if your names on the list... it'll only appear if you've donated. Places running out soon..

DONATION LIST