Brabyns Preparatory School -Nurture. Engage. Achieve.

Author Topic: marsland fold marple  (Read 6315 times)

stezario

Re: marsland fold marple
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2019, 07:38:14 PM »
Hi, sorry for dragging up an 11 year old post for my first reply to anything on here, but I'm interested in knowing if anybody has any information on the Marple Marslands from the 17-18-19th centuries. I have a William Marsland (b. 1815 d. 1870) who was married to Mary-Ann Barrett but information about his parents is sketchy at best and I've gone up a few wrong paths. At the moment I think his dad was Samuel (b. 1769) and a few people before that. Mary was born in Bramhall so there's probably nothing linking her to Marple other than the marriage to William.

I'd be grateful for any information anyone has on these, especially William.

RAY NOBLE

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2008, 10:16:25 AM »
June49. Sorry spelling mistake.  Marsland Fold not Marsden. Ray

RAY NOBLE

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2008, 10:13:04 AM »
June49.  Marsden fold was about the junction of Marsden road and Marlborough Close which is of Dale Road Marple.  Ray

JUNE49

marsland fold marple
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2008, 06:52:13 PM »
I have been researching my family tree for many years and have got back to my ggg grandfather who was born in marple in 1778, in 1841 he lived at marslandfold farm Marple I have looked through all the marple and stockport st mary's births and cannot find his. Some of the family died of TB and three sons were boatmen I can find all there details and both his marriages but would love so much to find his birth can anyone help