Security Alarms, Fire Alarms, CCTV & Access Controls Stockport

Author Topic: Stockport Times East Distribution Stopped  (Read 7745 times)

bat man

Re: Stockport Times East Distribution Stopped
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2010, 08:31:19 PM »
Unfortunatly the Stockport Times is not being delivered in some areas because it is becoming dificult to get people to deliver it. :o

amazon

« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2010, 09:45:03 PM »
Hi,

As the original poster of this topic I thank all replies and observations, particularly as I produce the SK Local magazines and, therefore, have a professional interest in the spread of these papers.  When phoned, on the contact number given on the leaflet,  we were told that the MEN are cutting back on the production and distribution of all of their free papers.  They said they are still producing the Times and that it would be available for collection from some local drop off point or by subscription.  No drop off points were offered for Marple Bridge.

Thanks again, I'll keep watching.
                                    Can you tell me why we have not had the sk6 magazine for at least six months in the lower fold area . have you all so stoped  distributing in this area .

nbt

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2010, 06:02:39 PM »
We got ours again this week near the ringers, I chekced but havrn;t seen any notes about future deliveries stopping
NBT: Notoriously Bad Typist

alan@marple

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2010, 05:52:31 PM »
Well Dave, many criminals start off with "petty" crime, I for one like to know whats going on in the courts and who's up to what!

garyh

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2010, 02:05:38 PM »
Hi,

As the original poster of this topic I thank all replies and observations, particularly as I produce the SK Local magazines and, therefore, have a professional interest in the spread of these papers.  When phoned, on the contact number given on the leaflet,  we were told that the MEN are cutting back on the production and distribution of all of their free papers.  They said they are still producing the Times and that it would be available for collection from some local drop off point or by subscription.  No drop off points were offered for Marple Bridge.

Thanks again, I'll keep watching.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2010, 01:53:55 PM »
We got one today on Woodville Drive.

In the past the Times has been a good source of local publicity - the Iron Bridge Project is a good example and we got a lot of support from the then local reporter. In the copy received today there's an article about a new hydro-electric scheme at Otterpool Bridge - community owned apparently - and I'm not sure I would have learned about this any other way. At least not without buying the Express perhaps. I'm looking forward to my electricity bills coming down now ::)
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Jay

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2010, 01:20:14 PM »
Got mine yesterday, Live in Marple

Lisa Oldham

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2010, 09:46:09 AM »
i got one! Also in Rose Hill.. no note inside

Dave

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2010, 07:45:58 AM »
Think fewer front covers discussing the merits of Stockport Council

Wishful thinking there, I reckon.  As far as I can recall, The Stockport Times was almost entirely made up of sad little stories of petty crime from Stockport Magistrates Court.  I for one will not miss it.    ::)

tina

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2010, 11:07:16 PM »
I got a paper tonight..live in Rose Hill

sgk

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2010, 10:27:54 PM »
Yes, owned by Manchester Evening News Media, part of the Guardian Media Group.  Shockingly, the Mirror group of newspapers are thinking about buying the regional papers. 

http://www.crainsmanchesterbusiness.co.uk/article/20100115/FREE/100119902/1083/toc/-/-/profits-down-by-more-than-half-at-men-media

Think fewer front covers discussing the merits of Stockport Council and more along the lines of "Jordan's New Boyfriend Shocker".  :o

amazon

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2010, 11:18:26 AM »
The times stoped being delivered last week  every where .there was a paper inside telling you .
The times newspaper group are in trouble financialy .

nbt

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 05:51:32 PM »
We're nearthe ringers too, we got ours last thursday (maybe friday) as normal and have had no notes. I htink the problems i finding people prepared to make the deliveries for the money on offer
NBT: Notoriously Bad Typist

sooty2

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 12:18:29 PM »
Hi, I live in the area near the Ring O Bells pub in Marple. Ive had no Times for Three weeks with no notification. But, other areas in marple have,

Victor M

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 12:15:14 PM »
I live in Marple and received last weeks copy OK.