Marple Glass and Glazing

Author Topic: NEW - Schools using Twitter  (Read 2841 times)

Lisa Oldham

Re: NEW - Schools using Twitter
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2010, 09:21:18 PM »
I know all that Howard (honest!) but was an excellent description and next time I have to try and explain similar to someone I m going to nick it  :)

However fairly sure Ludworths last tweet at least was an actual personal one off tweet.. !! as long as info is consistent then i think schools should use every practical method of sharing info! 

Howard

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2010, 12:53:23 PM »
The use of these 'blog' type sites only adds to the confusion when looking for information.

Tony, I don't know enough about you to know whether you're a Luddite or not ;) but these "blog type systems" that you mention are usually all one source. There is a database which is controlled by a CMS (Content Management System) that feeds an organisation's web site, blog, Twitter feed, Facebook page, RSS feed etc. The admin (or users) make one post and it appears on all sources. This way consumers of this information can read the information in their chosen form.

Twitter is an excellent example as it's limited to 140 characters which is an ideal format for reading on a mobile phone (text messages are 160 characters max). So the news that MHS was open today (Monday) came through to me on my mobile at 15:29 yesterday when I was in the Supermarket. I was then able to check on the web when I got home for the full information.

tonyjones

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2010, 08:25:56 AM »
I would have thought the obvious place to put any information about school closures, or any information the school wish to make public, is the school's web site. That way everybody knows where to find the information.

The use of these 'blog' type sites only adds to the confusion when looking for information.

Some may call me a luddite, Luddite not Ludworthite !, but I can live with that.

sgk

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2010, 09:03:43 AM »

Howard

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2010, 09:09:13 AM »
Wow...MHS have 2 followers now  ;)

lucygood

NEW - Schools using Twitter
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 03:41:36 PM »
Great news - both LUDWORTH and MARPLE HALL have started using Twitter this week to advise of updates during the weather.

You can find and follow at twitter.com by searching for Ludworth and MarpleHall.

Simple and easy (a bit like me...)

G