Paul Whittaker Plumbing

Author Topic: Gritting?  (Read 13918 times)

alison

Re: Gritting?
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2009, 07:13:35 PM »
Oh and re the gritting - there is actually a document on SMBCs website that explains the policy, the order in which roads are done etc, even the routes! Its actually quite interesting (I was a bit bored today!)

On balance, bearing in mind the unusual circumstances, the resources that they have, and the fact that the weather warning for yesterday didn't go out until after the weather was already happening, I don't think they have done a bad job keeping the major routes open. It would be brilliant if they could do everywhere, and I would love it if they could sort out my street and the pavements around here, but realistically that's never going to happen.

Stay safe everyone, and keep an eye on people that might need some extra help in this weather, Hope you all have a peaceful, Happy Christmas and New Year.

Alison

alison

« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2009, 07:04:47 PM »
Lisa
?weeks? You'll be lucky!! I'll give it a couple of days (especially now you've reminded them!)

Merry Christmas and a Happy 2010

Alison

Dave

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2009, 05:42:10 PM »
am getting a touch fed up of walking everywhere in wellies now though!!

Me too.   ::)

Merry Christmas everyone, and a Happy New Year (how many weeks of 2010 will pass before someone mentions 17 W*nd*ws?)   ;D 

Lisa Oldham

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2009, 03:27:23 PM »
noone ever grits our road.. and i still cant get my car out !! still its great fun watching visitors get stuck :)
am getting a touch fed up of walking everywhere in wellies now though!!

Have a great xmas everyone

heather

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2009, 11:39:44 AM »
has anyone ever come back to say who own the fishing waters hahahahahahah

heather

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2009, 11:36:31 AM »
i think sue is aware the duckinfield is in tameside and was making the comment as a generalization     this is why people have stopped making comments on here       oh and merry Christmas to everyone

Susan

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2009, 08:04:40 AM »
Amazon, I just meant that they havent been out anywhere in Marple or the areas around Manchester.

Oh and a Merry Christmas to all

amazon

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2009, 04:56:19 PM »
Not sure if they have been out anywhere, I came from Dukinfield and the roads over here hadnt been gritted,  yesterday the roads were dreadful. But mum says that they have done her road today which we have never even seen before.

Thats TAMESIDE  not stockport . or marple .

Jay

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2009, 09:03:27 PM »
I've seen evidence that they've been out but I think they've been using minimal grit as Woodville Drive needed examining with a microscope to see the few spots of grit that had been put down!

alison

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2009, 08:59:00 PM »
well they haven't found Stockport yet, or central Manchester! Maybe the gritter drivers live locally?!

Susan

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2009, 08:20:02 PM »
Not sure if they have been out anywhere, I came from Dukinfield and the roads over here hadnt been gritted,  yesterday the roads were dreadful. But mum says that they have done her road today which we have never even seen before.

Barbara

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2009, 08:19:11 PM »
Our road, on the Ley Hey estate so not a through route, was gritted before 9.30 this morning. 

sooty2

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2009, 05:31:42 PM »
Dont know if its true, but I was told the gritter got stuck on Brabyns Brow on Friday night! I actually saw a gritter on Friday /Saturday night at the bottom of Dan bank at 1.30 am.

amazon

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2009, 04:46:47 PM »
Had to drive to New Mills this morning.  Brabyns Brow, Arkwright Road and Strines Road were all only passable with great care - the few vehicles which had ventured out were creeping cautiously along at about 15mph.  It was if the gritters had not been out all weekend.  Did anyone see one anywhere in Marple?    ???

YES the gritters were  out lower fold and the surounding areas were grited at least three times yesterday and during the night . i know they woke me up 

Victor M

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 03:57:19 PM »
Over the weekend they seem to be have scarce as rocking horse manure, not seen one all weekend.