To advertise on this site

Author Topic: possible Pet Poisoning??  (Read 1922 times)

tina

Re: possible Pet Poisoning??
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 10:54:43 PM »
Hi Lisa I find this worrying too as I live facing the station at Rose Hill and my cat is always going over the fence, there are quite a lot of cats around our end and not seen or heard of any being unwell..maybe its just further down the line (if) there is anything. I will keep my eyes out though and report back if I notice anything.

Lisa Oldham

possible Pet Poisoning??
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 07:55:24 PM »
I live by the railway on Seven Stiles.. my mum lives further down but also by the the line towards Rosehill.
We've been a bit suspicious over summer about our pets and the wildlife picking up poison on the railway. Cats and dogs. also not seen any badgers.. or not as much evidence of them as usual... no foxes seen over summer... squirrels reduced also some birds. A few days ago my dog legged it onto the embankment after sitting and sniffing in the garden... this is very unusual. For 2 days after that she was very very ill with the runs.. recovered now
My mums cat on same day also legged it onto railway and was gone for just an hour.... hes now on a drip at the vets with kidney inflammation dehydration and enlarged pancreas and they've ruled out everything BUT poison... this is by far the most ill hes been BUT similar episodes of illness have occurred about 3 times over summer.
so.. does anyone know what i can do??    
I m presuming generally its illegal to put poison down.. but you can buy rat poison in the shops .. its private railway land .I know my dog shouldn't be on there and isn't generally but difficult to stop cats!!  But its also got protected species on so... anyone got any advice?