A.C.M. Financial Services Ltd - for all aspects of financial planning

Author Topic: searching for Bennett / Wheeldon  (Read 7037 times)

My login is Henrietta

Re: searching for Bennett / Wheeldon
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2010, 10:27:32 PM »
<font color='#000000'>We are searching for info on our family that used to live in Marple. We know that John Bennett of Bulls Head Row ( son of Joseph Bennett,a farmer) married Martha Wheeldon of Stone Row on 16th April 1854 at the parish church stockport. George Wheeldon and Sarah Dawson were the witnesses. Did George and Sarah later marry ?? On the 1881 census a George and Sarah Wheeldon lived in Brick row and were  farmers/grocers. These could be the same George and Sarah and George could be a brother or cousin of Martha. John Bennett was a butcher and we think he worked at Sharples butchers. They had a boy, John in1863 who later became a policeman and then a ferry inspector- he died in 1925 -if any one can help we would be grateful   thank you</font>
I was at Rose Hill County Primary in the 1950s at the same time as a Roger Wheeldon. I think he was a year older than I. If anyone on here knows him now  he might be able to help you.

coops

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2010, 11:06:59 AM »

Does anyone know of Margaret Bennett who lived in Compstall and worked at the Aquaduct Mill for a short period in the early fifties?
coops.

chilliqueen

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2010, 09:53:43 PM »
Hi
I think your George Wheeldon is a distant uncle of mine.  His Parents were William and Mary.

catherine glynis

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 05:08:12 PM »
Hello there.  I am related to the George and Sarah you metio as being witesses at the wedding.  You haven't made any entries for quite some time so don't kow if you will see this message.  If you do please get i touch.

karenprof

searching for Bennett / Wheeldon
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2006, 08:58:52 PM »
Hi

I am researching my family history in Marple and I have a Sarah jinks bc1819 who married a Charles Wheeldon bc1819. Their children were Joseph (bc1840) James, William, George, Mary, Thomas Charles, maria, Thomas, Eliza, Sarah Ann, Albert. I thought maybe there could be a connection?

regards karen

elainepaul

searching for Bennett / Wheeldon
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2003, 04:30:39 PM »
We are searching for info on our family that used to live in Marple. We know that John Bennett of Bulls Head Row ( son of Joseph Bennett,a farmer) married Martha Wheeldon of Stone Row on 16th April 1854 at the parish church stockport. George Wheeldon and Sarah Dawson were the witnesses. Did George and Sarah later marry ?? On the 1881 census a George and Sarah Wheeldon lived in Brick row and were  farmers/grocers. These could be the same George and Sarah and George could be a brother or cousin of Martha. John Bennett was a butcher and we think he worked at Sharples butchers. They had a boy, John in1863 who later became a policeman and then a ferry inspector- he died in 1925 -if any one can help we would be grateful   thank you