Consulting Structural & Civil Engineers in Marple Bridge

Author Topic: The Poppy Appeal and Poppy Wreaths from RBL  (Read 2529 times)

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
The Poppy Appeal and Poppy Wreaths from RBL
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 07:14:27 AM »
This message is posted on behalf of Ron Townley, new local contact for The Royal British Legion.

Many of you will know Mr John Haddock (below) who until the end of 2008 did a sterling job as a past Chairman of Marple R,B,L Club, and latterly as the Marple areas poppy wreaths officer.

John and his wife have recently moved to another part of the country to be near his family, therefore sadly having to sever ties with the ex-service community in this area. His efforts on behalf of the ex-services community were considerable.

With immediate effect I am the local contact for the Royal British Legion in the Marple, Mellor, Marple Bridge, Strines and Compstall areas. I would appreciate if anyone who has, In previous years, obtained wreaths from the R,B,L, to please contact myself to confirm this years requirements.

There is no longer a Royal British Legion branch in Marple, Therefore the Stockport branch of the R,B,L, (of which I am a member) now covers this area. The Branch meets at 8 pm in the all ranks mess of the Armoury TA Centre, Greek Street, Stockport, on the last Tuesday each month (except December) and we welcome all new members, there being no requirement to have had military service but a commitment to the welfare of serving and ex-servicemen and women.

Ron Townley

I can be contacted on  0161 427 6898  or  ronaldo(dot)townley(at)ntlworld(dot)com

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website