Self Catering Holiday Cottages in
Marple, Stockport & Cheshire

Author Topic: Rhode Houses - Photograph  (Read 6961 times)

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Re: Rhode Houses - Photograph
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2009, 09:06:01 AM »
That elusive picture is now on the Tour, see http://visitmarple.co.uk/photos/displayimage.php?pos=-2865
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

RhodeHouseBlues

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2009, 08:57:01 PM »
Many thanks Peter.....my wife has booked another appointment with the optician...no offence but that well known pseudonym Mr.Hucker obviously strongly disagrees with her description of your good self! Email on its way, many thanks for "owning up"! ;D

Rudolph Hucker

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 09:33:28 AM »
No way was it you Peter - "middle-aged, tall and slim with brown hair". 1 out of 4 perhaps ;D

Peter

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2009, 05:13:04 PM »
Can I firstly congratulate your wife on her uncanny accuracy of discription! "tall & slim"!!! This 5' - 8"er will dine out on that for some time to come!!!
Anyway, as you may have gathered I was that man and, yes, I was on a mission for Marple Local History Society to identify the location of the photo. I can only apologise that it has not appeared on the Marple website, my mistake. Mark and I always pass on photos that come into our possession for inclusion on the tour and also it's a safety net so that if either of us has a major catastrophy with our computer then the other has a back up. However having said that occasionally old age and forgetfulness means that one or two slip the net. I do have a copy of the photo you mention (I assume you mean the old one not my modern equivalent) and have sent a copy to Mark for inclusion on the tour, the good news is that I noticed another that he hasn't sent me so have avoided trouble with him!
If you send me an email to peter@marple-uk.com I will also send you a digital copy that you can get framed, hows that?
Thank your wife once again for me.
Regards

RhodeHouseBlues

Rhode Houses - Photograph
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2009, 04:43:23 PM »
Hi all, first post so here's hoping!

I live on Rhode Houses in Hawk Green (one of the original 1855 Rhodes Mill terraced houses) and a couple of years ago my wife was approached by a man who wanted to take a photograph of the row of houses from our garden. He showed my wife an old photograph of Rhode Houses from around the turn of the century (or possibly before) with women in long black dresses at the front doors and the old gas lamps on the outside walls and said he wanted to reproduce the angle of the original shot. According to my wife he was "middle-aged, tall and slim with brown hair" (don't worry, I've already pointed out that she would be no use in an identity parade!). She thinks he said he was from the "Marple History Society" but initial enquiries and searches of the website have not revealed the photo or the identity of the mystery photographer.

Can anyone help? We wanted to see if the photo would reproduce as a larger print for framing and, of course, if we can track it down it would be great to see it in the website gallery.

Thanks