Self Catering Holiday Cottages in
Marple, Stockport & Cheshire

Author Topic: Spooky Goings on !!  (Read 2731 times)

twinkletoes

Re: Spooky Goings on !!
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2009, 12:33:38 PM »
My friend and I had a spooky experience at stair case house a few weeks ago when he was over from the states. We saw a man dressed in period costum in the account room walking back and forth with a book in his hand. I was the first to notice him we were looking from one of the balconies to that room.

When we got into the room no one was there so we didn't think any more of it, thinking we must have just missed him, or he had gone through another door.

My friend then asked the guy behind the desk if the man dressed in period costume was he part of a reenactment? The man behind the desk reply no, we have no-one dressed up today and no reenactments at all. :o

I also work in a nursery that is haunted by believe it or not....children. I have seen legs belonging to none, heared crying felt things It's not scary just sad.   
  :-\

jet

Re: Spooky Goings on !!
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 11:55:22 AM »
The Hatters is home to more spirts than those in bottles on the shelves.Ernest Davies was the Landlord for many years (1955-1977) with his wife Sarah(better Known as Sadie the battle axe)and they said of strange happenings such as doors opening of thier own accord and lights switching themselves on and off.Also the Hatters has been Known to inter peoples ashes in thier window boxes. ;)

Rachael

Spooky Goings on !!
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 10:58:39 AM »
Does anyone know, or has anybody got any spooky tales from around the area

Local ghost stories  etc , haunted pubs  etc etc

I had a spooky experience at Chadkirk chapel yesterday, and now my whole family think Ive gone daft!!! ( so I shall hold back from explaining  unless anyone call tell me of a spooky experience they have had there !!)

Ive googled Chadkirk for ghosts and nothing comes up ...