Kay Dee Hair and Beauty

Author Topic: Freemasonry in Marple- The Doric Lodge.  (Read 3188 times)

thebigshed

Re: Freemasonry in Marple- The Doric Lodge.
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2012, 07:04:11 PM »
Freemasons are prohibited from discussing religion or politics at there gatherings, it is not a religious organisation and has members from many faith groups, including Muslim and Roman Catholic but atheist are excluded from membership.

If it is a secular organisation but allows in members with a faith, why are atheists barred?

alan@romiley

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2012, 11:11:41 PM »
Freemasons are prohibited from discussing religion or politics at there gatherings, it is not a religious organisation and has members from many faith groups, including Muslim and Roman Catholic but atheist are excluded from membership.

If it is a secular organisation but allows in members with a faith, why are atheists barred?

Big Shed

Please read the links, which I hope will give you an insight and a better understanding
“Every process in your organization has a customer, and without a customer a process has no purpose. "

Howard

• Global Moderator
    • Personal Blog
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2012, 09:51:41 AM »

From the pages of the UGLE:
"Membership is open to men of any race or religion who can have a belief in a Supreme Being and who are of good repute."

From reading the pages I don't see what's different about Freemasonry than any other organisation that does charitable work (e.g. Round Table etc). In fact the Freemasons limit themselves by requiring members to believe in a "Supreme Being". I suppose that's their loss as people who have no faith but want to contribute to society through some sort of organisation will choose one other than the Freemasons.
Howard

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2012, 01:30:56 AM »
Gentlemen...

And there rests MY case!  :P
Ooh! Can I join?  ;D

alan@romiley

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2012, 12:57:41 AM »
Hi Henrietta,

Not in Marple, but the lady masons do meet at Stockport Guildhall, unfortunately I don't know when they meet, but look up them up o the web.
“Every process in your organization has a customer, and without a customer a process has no purpose. "

Bowden Guy

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2012, 10:22:27 PM »
Let's not forget that Freemasons always look after their own. A bit like a self-help society,

alan@romiley

« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2012, 10:01:16 AM »
Let's not forget that Freemasons always look after their own. A bit like a self-help society,

Bowden Guy,

Are you aware that the Masonic Charities are the largest giver to non masonic charities and second only to the National Lottery.

"Beware of false knowledge it is more dangerous than ignorance"

alan@romiley

« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2012, 10:06:22 AM »

Bowden Guy, perhaps this link might enlighten you

http://www.grandcharity.org/pages/medical_research.html

Pink Panther

« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2012, 10:37:35 PM »
when my youngest son ended up in A and E  at hospital  late at night he was given  a teddy  bear , which  i was told were donated by local freemasons groups :)
I'm not up to no good, it only looks as though I am!     8)