Marple Stationery Supplies - Everything for the home, school and office

Author Topic: Freemasonry in Marple- The Doric Lodge.  (Read 8728 times)

Duke Fame

Re: Freemasonry in Marple
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2012, 10:29:01 PM »
Gentlemen.

You will find a mention of the Doric Lodge in Marple on the Marple website. It's member are mostly from the Marple Community. but not restricted to such.

The lodge welcomes inquiries for membership from applicants over the age of 21 and who are of good character and have a genuine desire to be of service to mankind and the community in which we live.

Freemasons are prohibited from discussing religion or politics at there gatherings, it is not a religious organisation and has members from many faith groups, including Muslim and Roman Catholic but atheist are excluded from membership.

The Doric Lodge has met in Marple for over 100 years and currently has a membership of 43 and increasing.

The Lodge meets on the third Thursday of every winter month

If you are interested in becoming a member, or indeed are a former member of another lodge and would like to consider rejoining, please send me a PM and I will be pleased to let you have further information. Take a look at the websites.
http://www.ugle.org.uk/
http://www.cheshiremasons.co.uk/

What's in it for me (except a a secret handshake)

alan@marple

Freemasonry in Marple
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2012, 01:00:54 PM »
Gentlemen.

You will find a mention of the Doric Lodge in Marple on the Marple website. It's member are mostly from the Marple Community. but not restricted to such.

The lodge welcomes inquiries for membership from applicants over the age of 21 and who are of good character and have a genuine desire to be of service to mankind and the community in which we live.

Freemasons are prohibited from discussing religion or politics at there gatherings, it is not a religious organisation and has members from many faith groups, including Muslim and Roman Catholic but atheist are excluded from membership.

The Doric Lodge has met in Marple for over 100 years and currently has a membership of 43 and increasing.

The Lodge meets on the third Thursday of every winter month

If you are interested in becoming a member, or indeed are a former member of another lodge and would like to consider rejoining, please send me a PM and I will be pleased to let you have further information. Take a look at the websites.
http://www.ugle.org.uk/
http://www.cheshiremasons.co.uk/

alan@marple

Re: Freemasonry
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2011, 11:21:10 PM »

Henrietta  That ill behoves you

Dave

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2011, 10:49:16 PM »
...don't walk up Market Street with one trouser leg rolled up?    ;D

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2011, 05:53:27 PM »

Freemasonry is one of the world’s oldest secular fraternal societies. The following information is intended to explain Freemasonry as it is practiced under the United Grand Lodge of England, which administers Lodges of Freemasons in England and Wales and in many places overseas.

www.cheshiremasons.co.uk

Very interesting but your point is....?

alan@marple

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2011, 04:53:58 PM »
Very witty response Andrew, I must remember that one-at least it's clean.
Have a good look on that new wall you just might find a "Mark"

andy+kirsty

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2011, 10:23:09 AM »
I see - and I thought you wanted to talk about the pile of stones left over from Dan Bank.

alan@marple

Freemasonry in Marple
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 10:00:04 AM »

Freemasonry is one of the world’s oldest secular fraternal societies. The following information is intended to explain Freemasonry as it is practiced under the United Grand Lodge of England, which administers Lodges of Freemasons in England and Wales and in many places overseas.

www.cheshiremasons.co.uk

alan@marple

Freemasonry in Marple- The Doric Lodge.
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 03:18:58 PM »
I have read the article in the Marple website about the Doric Lodge and was wondering if anyone has any old history books about the Lodge. I have seen a couple of articles on the net. but nothing about it's actual history over the years.

I am collating information about some local organisations and I would appreciate a copy of any old documents-or the loan of.