All your Marple and Stockport property and financial needs under one roof

Author Topic: Blackpool pleasure beach charges £5 entry fee.  (Read 4410 times)

Rachael

Re: Blackpool pleasure beach charges £5 entry fee.
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2009, 04:42:51 PM »
I dont think we would visit either, if for the four of us have to pay 20 before we have even gone on anything, and an unlimited wrist band is ok, if you are going to get the use out of it :(

Neil Smith

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2009, 07:06:40 PM »
I believe the local business comunity are up in arms about this, they think it will stop people going to Blackpool. Most people visiting Blackpool walk up and down the mile and stop off in the PB and mos likely spend more than £5.

I for one will not go to the pleasure beach if I have to pay £10 more just for the little one to go on the tea cups a few times.......

heather

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2009, 07:28:59 PM »
 this wont help tourism into blackpool  they need to clean the place up before they start charging entry fees to the pleasure beach

wolfman

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2009, 02:59:52 PM »
A family ticket  for 4 on the 15th August 2009 at Alton Towers will cost £81.

wolfman

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 02:50:22 PM »
According to their website A family of 2 adults and 2 children 2 to 11yrs  on the unlimited ride ticket  in August would cost £88 online an alleged saving of £20

wolfman

Blackpool pleasure beach charges £5 entry fee.
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 02:09:42 PM »
A £5 entry fee has been introduced at Blackpool Pleasure Beach for the first time in its history.

Visitors to the park will now have to buy either an unlimited ride wristband or a £5 pass.

The Freedom Pass includes access to the Pleasure Beach Express, Chinese Puzzle Maze and certain shows.

The changes were brought in on Saturday, when the famous Lancashire park opened for the first weekend of the 2009 season.

Millions of people go to the pleasure beach each year.

Visitors have enjoyed free entry since
BBC news