Marple Stationery Supplies - Everything for the home, school and office

Author Topic: Gas works start  (Read 3655 times)

CTCREP

Re: Gas works start
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2009, 04:29:22 PM »
Not quite on the same topic but - whenever I walk to Lymefield Broadbottom I get a whiff of what I assume is gas just before you reach Boadbottom. If my recollection of the area is correct then according to my Philip's Street Atlas of Derbyshire the the problem lies on Leebangs Rd that leads on to Well Row. This time I decided to contact the British Gas Emergency phone line. After considerable frustrating telephone discussion I was told that as neither road appeared on their mapping system nothing could be done.

As this has been there for several years there may be no danger, but how much gas has gone up into thin air, and is this a reason British Gas prices are so high.

amazon

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 08:48:58 PM »
sorry not ment to be sarky .the latest sunday dug big hole further up the road inserted some valves of sort . water board been messing around all week .might be big dig this weekend .will keep you posted . 

Lisa Oldham

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 11:14:58 AM »
 I know that Amazon

it was my attempt (!) at being funny  ;D

amazon

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2009, 05:37:31 PM »

they cant find were the waters coming from ,its not from the mains now been  running for three years .

Lisa Oldham

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 12:07:21 PM »
wonder if theyll mend the water leak whilst  they have to road up ?

I know i know that ll be the week after theyve filled it all back in!

amazon

Gas works start
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 05:08:11 PM »
Gas Works start lower fold marple bridge from 14 feb     for one week .from windsor castle down .