Brabyns Preparatory School

Author Topic: Dog Dirt  (Read 9224 times)

Dave

Re: Dog Dirt
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2011, 03:34:01 PM »
Dog poo on pavements is one thing, but Lyme Park!! Do you expect the sheep poo and deer poo to be picked up for you as well?

Neil Smith

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2011, 11:25:42 AM »
And the responsible dog owners that do pick up the mess you find only do it as there are people about, I had a walk around Lyme park at the weekend and could not believe the amount of little bags of treasure left on the ground probably due to people being around when the log has been dropped then the bag dumped when they have passed  the nice dog owner  >:(

marveld

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2011, 01:48:43 AM »
I regularly jog round Marple Dale, but recently there has been a noticeable increase in poop along the river path. (not on the edge of the path, but in the middle  >:( )

Seeing litter disappoints me. Walking down the Middlewood Way the other day I observed a ~15 year old lad drop a crisp packet and then a whisper bar wrapper. At the newsagents near the Marple Tavern I then eye-balled another lad chucking his cigarette wrapper on the floor. Walking up Stockport Road there was a half-eaten takeaway in the polystyrene food container on the dentists wall. (Aswell as plenty of litter on the ground). Finally, at Memorial Park, when I spotted my 3rd litter drop in action I asked the ~12 year old if he could kindly take it home with him. Being young, he complied to my polite request, but whether his snack wrapper made it home is anyone's guess!

I'm pleased Marple has 'John' with his wheelbarrow and our resident council street cleaner. I hope he doesn't lose his job with the cut-backs; he does a grand job.

alan@marple

Dog Dirt
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 01:02:00 AM »
I am sick to death of selfish dog owners who are not exercising their responsibilities by allowing their animals to defecate with impunity.

Walking along Empress Ave this evening, by the cottage surgery, I was fortunate is spotting a "dump" right in my path on the pavement.

I am sick of seeing dog owners walking nonchalantly in front of the dogs not being aware if the animals is "pooing or not"

I suggest the fine be increased to £1000 and that folk who report offenders, be rewarded with £200 upon conviction

Marple must be the dog poo capital of Stockport

Lisa Oldham

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2009, 12:13:21 PM »
hope they work nights!!  i often see people walking their dogs round the streets in marple once its pitch dark..

Tricky

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2009, 11:03:10 PM »
This is the link to report it to the Council, via an online form..

https://interactive.stockport.gov.uk/dogfouling/dogfouling.aspx

or contact via

Dog Warden Service

Environmental Health & Trading Standards
Stopford House Piccadilly Stockport SK1 3XE
Tel. No. 0161 474 4207
Fax. 0161 474 4369
Email. community@stockport.gov.uk
meh

alan@marple

Dog Dirt
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2009, 10:28:26 PM »

I reckon that Marple good win a prize at being the Dog Pooh winner of the North West. Everywhere I seem to go there is Pooh.

Church St/Chadwick St-watch out!  there's bound to be a dump there

Market St- tread carefully

Lockside- Keep off the grass

Canal Bank, make sure you have your "wellies" on

Notice how many people walk in front of there dogs !