Brabyns Preparatory School -Scholarships

Author Topic: Coatfield/Cotefield House  (Read 3760 times)

micandtez

Re: Coatfield/Cotefield House
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2009, 08:48:14 AM »
Hi,
I lived at Cotefield (as opposed to Cotefield Farm) from 1984 to 2002.  During that time I did some research into previous owners.  I managed to go back to 1830 but there are some gaps.  I also have some of the history of Cotefield Farm which was built about 1848.  It could be either of them you are talking about.
I still have the information in the loft so over the weekend I will get it down and let you know.
Terry

Duncan

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2009, 08:18:02 PM »
Thank you to everyone who's contacted me about this or posted in this thread, you really have given me a lot ot work with. I have been able to add another name to the picture following al this advice. Does anyone know of a William Penny or his wife Annie who were residents at the house in the late 1800's?
Again thank you everyone who's helped me so far with this.
Duncan

Jay

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2009, 02:51:33 PM »
Coatfield farm was last farmed by Reg Holland and closed in the 1960s when George Lomas built the Woodville Estate. The farm was about the east corner of Fir Road and Cedar  Road. Ray

The farmhouse is still there, it's just off Hibbert Lane down the side of Stonehurst.

Duncan, you may want to try writing to the current owner to see if he has any records of your ansestors?

The address is

Mr Twigg
Cotefield Farm
Hibbert Lane
Marple
SK6 7NT

Tricky

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2009, 12:35:58 PM »
I merged this old map with a current map - if that helps at all!

You may have to change your zoom level to see clearly. They are fairly small images.

to zoom -

On the bottom right of the Internet Explorer screen, click the arrow next to the Change Zoom Level button .

To go to a predefined zoom level, click the percentage of enlargement or reduction you want.
- or -
To specify a custom level, click Custom. In the Percentage zoom box, type a zoom value, and then click OK.

meh

RAY NOBLE

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009, 11:25:20 AM »
Coatfield farm was last farmed by Reg Holland and closed in the 1960s when George Lomas built the Woodville Estate. The farm was about the east corner of Fir Road and Cedar  Road. Ray

Cycling Duk

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2009, 09:55:14 AM »
Duncan

Cotefield Farm House is off Hibbert Lane in Marple

Duncan

Coatfield/Cotefield House
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 07:55:37 PM »
Hello everyone.
This might seema bit random but I though it was worth a try. I'm doing some family history research and have managed to trace myself back to a gentleman called George Weatherstone Dix who lived with his wife Annie and their children in Cotefield House, Marple. Then the trail goes cold. As yours is the only Marple in the country I googled it and found your community site.
I hope you don't think I'm rude to barge on like this but, nothing ventured - nothing gained!
All I know about the Dix's is that he was an Oil merchant and broker (originally form London) and they lived in the area some time in the latter part of the 19th Century.
If anyone has even heard of them or the house I would love to know as I'm not sure how to proceed from here.
Any information would e most gratefully recieved!
I thank you all in advance for taking the time to read this.

Duncan Laidaw
(In a very cold and icy Devon)