Marple based web design | Websites That Work For You!

Author Topic: Stockport Council Customer service-What customer service?  (Read 3593 times)

alan@marple

Re: Stockport Council Customer service-What customer service?
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2009, 12:21:25 AM »

Oh Really ?

Perhaps it's me then, perhaps my vote does not count.

wotsit

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2009, 02:18:31 PM »
yes I know what it's like !
been mithering smbc to sort out the parking by the 4 x4 brigade near Brabyn's school for nearly 3 years & just getting the usual runaround.
Three weeks ago emailed councillor Shan Alexander ....what a difference !!!
Within 2 weeks (nearly) all the neighbours had a questionnaire personally delivered to finally get the ball rolling.
One of the neighbours regularly goes to the coucllors meeting in Marple & he reckons that Shan Alexander is the one to see if you want anything done !

alan@marple

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2009, 12:20:40 PM »
Tuesday 3rd February.

Still no response from Stockport Streetscene.

No Response from the elected representative.

However I have received an acknowledgment from  Mr Stunnell's office, promising a further response from him.

CTCREP

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2009, 04:09:39 PM »
I too have had a poor response from Street Scene. Questions such as "we need a house number on Dooley Lane" - there are no houses, and this despite giving them a map reference etc. Another response was " Where is the bridge over the River Etherow in Compstall" Do the people in Street Scene not know where Stockport is?

Rudolph Hucker

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2009, 11:15:57 AM »
I guess it depends on who's desk the query lands on. To acknowledge a good service, when I e-mailed the Public Rights of Way Officer I received a comprehensive and educational response within 4 working hours. Sadly the answer was not what I hoped (the path I was concerned about is not a recognised public right of way but an access of pasture which, although recognised as such, does not command the same level of historical protection) but my point is that credit is afforded where it is due.

But in this case, keep upping the anti Alan, there's always Brussels...

alan@marple

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2009, 10:32:38 PM »
Just thought I would let you know

Still no reply from the elected representative or Streetscene

No response from Andrew Stunnell, but to be fair to him I only emailed him last week, so a response could be on the way

alan@marple

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009, 05:14:05 PM »

I have sent this thread to Andrew Stunnell MP.

It seems that I am wasting my time with the council and elected representative

alan@marple

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 01:36:25 AM »

Just to follow up on the previous post.

No work has been done to repair the road surface on John St

No response from my reminder to Stockport Council.

No response from the Elected representative

alan@marple

Stockport Council Customer service-What customer service?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2009, 08:11:40 PM »
There is a considerable amount of pavement repair being done in the Church Lane area.

Council contractors have recently put a tarmac (or similar) on the pavements in John St. and East Vale.

Anyone walking along those streets prior to work starting will have noticed how bad the road surface, particularly on John St was, with several ruts and crevices on the road surface and exposed original "sets"

When the work started in mid December I asked the man in charge of the workforce if it was planned to repair the road surface in the same programme and he told me that was not his instruction but said that he would inform management in view of what I had pointed out to him.

I sent an email to the council with a view to seeing if the road surface could also be repaired, I received a reply quoting a reference number and was advised that the council had 10 days in which to investigate/inspect the road.

At the same time I sent a copy of my report to our local elected representative by email, together with photographs asking if that councilor would act with a view to expediting this work.

It is now over a month since I reported this. I have not received the courtesy of any further response from the council, or ANY response from the elected representative, despite sending a reminder earlier this week with copies of my original complaint and photo's.

I have also sent copies to the chairman of the committee responsible for the department and a courtesy copy to the community council.

Will our council tax be increased again this year and who will be asking for our vote in May?.

Don't be to complacent, elected representatives, nearer and nearer draws the time