Security Alarms, Fire Alarms, CCTV & Access Controls Stockport

Author Topic: Tesco special offers do they exist?  (Read 2815 times)

wolfman

Re: Tesco special offers do they exist?
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2008, 03:00:33 PM »
I had 3 bottles in mind.

Tricky

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2008, 11:30:52 AM »

The 'con' you speak of is fairly basic marketing ploy.. All shops do this, some not as obviously as others.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loss_leader

May I ask you Wolfman, If you had found your Freixenet at the £3 price point, would you have only purchased one bottle?

meh

wolfman

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2008, 09:43:47 AM »
I suppose if Tesco had 6 bottles on the shelf priced at £3 each then they have complied with the offer. What I should have done is look to see how many bottles at the old price were available. Then of course there is the usual get out of in very very fine print will be the words, depending on availability. And of course there were non "available". Like I said it's a con to get you into the store, especially at Christmas.

Tricky

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2008, 06:38:08 PM »
Are you sure the Advert went out for the first time last night ?

You may have seen the commercial for the first time last night but the offer is more than 2 days old.

Freixenet Cordon Negro Brut 75cl
SAVE £4.33 Was £7.33 Now £3.00 - valid from 17/12/2008 until 21/12/2008

I've checked online and it says it's available at tesco.com (should you be an online shopper) - However I suspect at this price it will have sold out.

meh

wolfman

Tesco special offers do they exist?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2008, 06:15:03 PM »
3 times now I have tried in vain to obtain Tesco TV advertised products. The last  being today, Nationally advertised on TV £3 a bottle for Frexeinet. It went out for the first time last night. I get to Tesco Stockport before dinner to be told it all sold out by 9.0am The advert is still running and is only until Sunday. I think these so called specials are just a ploy to get you into the store.