Janine Kelly - Yoga teacher in Marple

Author Topic: Road Hazards  (Read 3143 times)

wolfman

Re: Road Hazards
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2009, 06:08:49 PM »
The one on Hibbert Lane forces motorists to have to go over a speed bump or do as lots of others do slalom down Hibbert Lane.

CTCREP

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2009, 05:07:38 PM »
There is a build out on Hibbert Lane, again put in without reference to cyclists. I am not aware of anyone being injured so far, but it still forces cyclists into the path of following vehicles and it may be only a matter of time before a motorist doesn't realise it is about to happen and somebody gets injured, maybe not the cyclist but possibly a pedestrian on the other side of the road if the motorist is forced to swerve to avoid the cyclist.

wolfman

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2009, 01:33:17 PM »
According to a letter in this weeks Times from a local resident  in Romily the "Upper outbuild which obstructs the carriageway" has already caused 2 vehicle collisions causing damage. A sympathetic response from the town hall was not forthcoming.Surprise , surprise. I wonder how long it will be before Marple gets an obstruction? Maybe one is in the pipeline for the new traffic measures for the town centre.

Rudolph Hucker

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008, 10:51:59 AM »
Come on guys, the Council need to create more congestion to perpetuate the myth that motorists still don't fund enough public financial waste/incompetence. Obstructions, and of course messing with traffic light sequencing, are the easiest way to achieve this. Please, give them a break!

wolfman

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2008, 06:25:24 PM »
To my mind they are deliberately obstructing the highway and something should be done about these things. A friend of mine hit one on Dialstone lane on his motorcycle, apparently there had been 5 other accidents at the same spot. This is the latest method in traffic slowing.

CTCREP

Road Hazards
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 01:59:02 PM »
Both cyclists and motorists should be aware that Stockport MBC have created yet another road hazard, this time on Sandy Lane, Romiley. Shortly after turning the corner at Lane Ends and descending Sandy Lane towards Romiley there is now yet another build-out. Cyclists please look out for this, and motorists please be aware that cyclists may well be forced into your path without you realising the reason for them doing so. Repeated requests to Stockport Council not to create these dangerous constructions are totally ignored.

When requesting the introduction of a cycle path on Otterspool Road, Stockport Highways' Response is "No one has been killed yet". Please keep this message on the Marple Web Site so that future claimants against Stockport Council, or whoever, can refer to the fact that Stockport Council have been made aware of it.