Michelle Reynolds Podiatrist, Marple

Author Topic: Streetscene  (Read 3250 times)

alison

Re: Streetscene
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2008, 06:02:34 PM »
Well not quite the same thing, but I am amazed how quickly the council came out to sort out the problem I was having with mice - and for free (well I guess ultimately i paid for it but you know what I mean) - so they are not all bad

Alison

Barbara

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2008, 10:03:50 AM »
Why not - after all we always do blame the government, or the Americans, or just 'Them'!
Cheers.   :D

amazon

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2008, 09:05:48 PM »
2 days and no red paint on Dan bank. The "depression" is getting deeper.

Blame  The Goverment .

wolfman

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2008, 03:36:25 PM »
2 days and no red paint on Dan bank. The "depression" is getting deeper.

Cyberman

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2008, 08:43:22 AM »
I've used Streetscene to report street lighting faults and the problems have been fixed fairly quickly. Perhaps the problem isn't the communication aspect, it's getting the work done.

amazon

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2008, 09:02:46 PM »
Complety agre with you stretscene is just a wast of time .

wolfman

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2008, 06:49:47 PM »
I rang streetscene to report the "depression" in Dan Bank this afternoon. I am awaiting th red paint phase.

Neil Smith

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008, 05:57:11 PM »
I have in the passed tried in vain to contact streetscene and report things to them, they are very good in giving you reference numbers and taking your details etc, but nothing ever gets done. I find a very polite email to my local councilor works a treat and things do get completed fairly fast (if its a danger then tell them so and why) try not to moan to them but just tell them the facts.

CTCREP

Streetscene
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2008, 12:19:15 PM »
Does anyone else have the same problems as me when contacting Stockport’s Streetscene facility concerning problems with road surfaces etc. Recently I drew to their attention the break up of the road surface on Dooley Lane and Otterspool Rd. What may appear to be insignificant to 4X4 motorists is potentially dangerous to cyclists who could lose control if forced to ride over the pot-holes. They rejected my complaint on the grounds that I had not provided a house number to pinpoint the problems despite my providing them with a grid reference number. They don't appear to know there are no houses on those roads, nor understand Grid references. On another occasion I reported the Gully blocked adjacent to the Bridge over the River Etherow in Compstall - when it happens the Compstall pedestrians are virtually cut of from Marple Bridge. I was asked where was the Bridge over the River Etherow.  I could go on, but I am sure many others must get these ridiculous replies, perhaps we can create a list and try to shame Stockport MBC into learning something about the area they are responsible for.