Self Catering Holiday Cottages in
Marple, Stockport & Cheshire

Author Topic: bits of this horrified me - river jumping in Brabyns  (Read 4880 times)

myloweb

Re: bits of this horrified me - river jumping in Brabyns
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2008, 09:32:12 PM »
The Dome no problems here. Its just lads being lads.
We all did it probably 25 years or so ago ad lads were probably doing it 25 years before us.
Yes its dangerous but that's the thrill and as far as I'm concerned we should leave em be.

The house runner on the other hand is not amusing. This is a total disregard for people, their property and the consequences should they be caught. That being said again though, it's the thrill of the danger.
But if we catch them we should stick them in the stocks for a Saturday morning. ;)

Neil Smith

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2008, 10:54:42 PM »
I found this rather more disturbing to be honest:

Yet despite myself I had to crack a smile at the commentary:

'I bet you won't run up that house...' - never a wise thing to bet a daredevil!

No harm done though and I agree with Rudolph, far better these guys tool around at their own risk than harass the public and pester people to 'go shop for us' to fuel their cheap cider habit.

This boy needs to be caught, I hope that the owner of the house gets in touch with the police and something gets done about this silly little boy, its one thing jumping of the dome but to run up a roof and cause damage is another. Why do youths find this funny, I would love him to try that on my roof he would soon find out how to behave.

Howard

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2008, 04:03:59 PM »
Been there, done that. It was 25 years ago, mind you. It's a lot more frightening when you do it in real life than on video, I can tell you.

orangewhip

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2008, 02:13:11 PM »
I found this rather more disturbing to be honest:

Yet despite myself I had to crack a smile at the commentary:

'I bet you won't run up that house...' - never a wise thing to bet a daredevil!

No harm done though and I agree with Rudolph, far better these guys tool around at their own risk than harass the public and pester people to 'go shop for us' to fuel their cheap cider habit.

Rudolph Hucker

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 01:36:57 PM »
Not really sure I see there's a problem personally. It doesn't look like any of the lads are being co-erced into taking part and, truth be told, they look reasonably adept at controlling their entry profile (OK, with one exception). The tree is not that more dangerous than the dome (the fact that it moves whereas the dome doesn't is more of an issue than the increased height). OK there are injuries, slight in this case, and I accept there are iolated cases of illness from playing in the river (but I understand it's a lot cleaner than it used to be) but I'd prefer the lads kept their sense of adenture and adrenaline alive than fester on the street corner, drinking cheap booze and swearing at passers by.

Now where are my board shorts :-)

RH

mdavisstockportexpress

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2008, 03:31:09 PM »
Hi lisa,

I am a reporter with the stockport express.
could you call me asap on 0161 475 4823 about this youtube clip and your views.
or anyone else who has seen it.
cheers
matt davis

Lisa Oldham

bits of this horrified me - river jumping in Brabyns
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2008, 01:22:03 PM »
not sure if theres anything to do (unless you recognise the lads involved !!) .. know that we have discussed this before but not sure where to find the post...

whilst finding a video of my daughter in a school show came across this

OK its bad enough they jump off the "dome" but we know that happens and we know there are injuries and we know that they often get sick too

But off the top of the tree :(