Wealth Management | S&T Wealth provide portfolio & investment advice

Author Topic: Bus Stop Kerbs ,  (Read 3299 times)

Neil Smith

Re: Bus Stop Kerbs ,
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2008, 11:11:28 PM »
Amazon, with the iron bridge I was simply trying to point out that SMBC has been spending money in your local area and the river bank is the most up to date improvement in the local area, I know Marple has had a lot of work, Woodley and Romiley are having work done at present, hopefully Compstall will be next. Apart from the flooding in Marple Bridge it does look very nice, if you have problems contacting SMBC try contacting your councillor.

amazon

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2008, 08:46:25 PM »
what year did they do the riverbank iimprovement           .and whats the iron Bridge to do with marple compstall .bus stops roads footpaths etc we have alot of rain marple bridge floods near the norfolk arms the plac e is tatty just look at the park behind lower fold trees need cuting back gulies in the park need cleaning . no body gives a dam anymore not round here stil waiting for lines on the bend lower fold widsor      castle to be redone anti skid material first they say dont say what year this is hapening . >:(

Neil Smith

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2008, 08:12:11 PM »
Did Marple Bridge not get "upgraded" when they did all the river bank improvement, and the iron bridge has just been reopened (I know there was a lot of monies raised by the people of Marple but SMBC also paid a lot too) I do agree that Compstall could do with a little (under statement) work doing but maybe SMBC are carrying out works to main shopping areas first.

amazon

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2008, 04:24:57 PM »
Thank you. eeyore 21. not read wrong.

eeyore21

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2008, 03:37:50 PM »
i think aslan read amazons post wrong. i read it as meaning marplebridge and compstall having work done not marple. if i've read it wrong then i liked to say sorry to aslan.  :)

Aslan

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 02:57:56 PM »
I do think you're being a tad selfish here. over the past few years Marple has had quite alot of work done. Lets see - totally new Street Lighting alond Strines Road and Stockport Road, new lighting, bins, benches, flagging etc for Market Street/Derby Way, loads of works and again lighting in the memorial park (and yes i know alot of work has also been funded away from Council money) to name a few. Whilst i agree it is nice to get as much work done as possible, I think begrudging a 'neighbour' a bit of work is being, as I say, a tad selfish with the limited funding that is obviously available. I'm sure the Council have plans at some point to re-pave Marple and do the bus stops, but a bit of  patience and thanks for what has been done surely wouldn't go a-miss?

amazon

Bus Stop Kerbs ,
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 01:19:34 PM »
Being A regular bus user i have noticed along compstall road romiley that the bus stop kerbs are being altered to make it easy to step down from the buses does anybody know if this is going to be done in marple bridge compstall areas . Romiley does seem to be having a lot of money spent on it new flaging right through romiley . both sides . what have we done wrong in this area .  >:(