Market Research Company | Marple Stockport

Author Topic: Stage coach buses  (Read 3971 times)

myloweb

Re: Stage coach buses
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2008, 10:16:19 PM »
He is a silly man then. Obviously many ways to pay the charge and he didn't look into it.  ::)

Howard

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2008, 10:11:10 PM »
I'm afraid your friend was misinformed. There are many ways to pay the charge. You can pay up to 90 days in advance. So, for example, you could pay for one day, three days, a week, two weeks, a month or a year. If you pay monthly or annually there are discounts available, and you can claim refunds in certain circumstances.

You can pay by midnight on the day of travel (£8) or by midnight the following charging day (£10) by phoning them and paying by card.

You can also pay by SMS, at a shop, at one of their machines in the street or in advance by post.

As for the train, I use it to go to London on business and if you travel in peak times (arrive in London before 9:30am and leave London after 3pm) then Virgin trains charge £225 return which makes me angry to even type it. It's pure profiteering and, of course, is passed on to my employers customers. A fine example of rip-off Britain.

myloweb

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2008, 09:57:56 PM »
I was told by a friend recently, that if travelling to London you need to buy your conjestion charge ticket on line before you go. My friend didn't and received a fine for £60   :'(  .....so folks please beware if travelling to London.
Alternatively travel off peak to Euston via train. £60 return and you can enjoy a stress free journey and enjoy a tipple.(a much better way to spend £60)
Or you could just stay up North...... :)

amazon

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2008, 12:51:22 PM »
Good reply .

Dave

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2008, 11:04:38 AM »
My opinion is that everyone needs to vote NO as even if you do not drive you will be paying as all your goods may have to go through the C-chage and the businesses will not be able to afford the charge so will pass it onto the customer.

I'm no great supporter of the congestion charge (not enough in it for Marple!), but we need to avoid this sort of confusion.  The charge will apply to inward traffic between 07.00 and 09.30, and outward traffic between 16.00 and 18.30.   The charge is therefore designed to encourage those who are able to avoid these times (such as most goods vehicles on delivery drops) to do just that, and of course they will.  This will ensure that they don't have to pay, and will spread the load of traffic more evenly through the day. 

amazon

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 08:40:21 PM »
i did not ask how we should vote only when we would receive the voting forms

Neil Smith

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 06:06:49 PM »
Everyone on the electoral register in all 10 councils will have a pack before the 28 Nov and will have to have it returned back before the deadline of 11 Dec.

My opinion is that everyone needs to vote NO as even if you do not drive you will be paying as all your goods may have to go through the C-chage and the businesses will not be able to afford the charge so will pass it onto the customer.

We in Manchester have to have a C-charge for £3Bn of investment but down south on the south railway they get £16Bn for nothing!!!!!

STOP THE CON-CHARGE NOW VOTE NO

amazon

Stage coach buses
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 03:11:09 PM »
Stage coach Buses are running a massive advertising. asking people to vote for  the congestion charge

and your vote to be in  by the 11 December .are we going to have a vote by post if so when
        leaving it a bit late if we are . any info please .

Thank you.