Self Catering Holiday Cottages in
Marple, Stockport & Cheshire

Author Topic: Marple Website Pub Guide  (Read 36513 times)

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Re: Marple Website Pub Guide
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2012, 08:28:54 AM »
The owners of the Oddfellows Arms have provided an update for the pub guide:

http://www.marple-uk.com/pubguide/oddies.htm

Beer sounds yummy!

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2011, 07:47:36 AM »
The new landlady of the Andrew Arms has provided an update for the Pub Guide:

http://www.marple-uk.com/pubguide/andrews.htm
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2011, 06:20:33 AM »
The Crown is changing hands again and the new senior manager Neil Richardson (Landlord of the Farmer's Arms, Poynton) is on the ball and has provided an update for the pubguide:

http://www.marple-uk.com/pubguide/crown.htm
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2010, 07:55:53 AM »
The landlady of the George has provided a bit of an update for the Pub Guide:

http://www.marple-uk.com/pubguide/george.htm
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

sooty2

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2010, 11:00:24 PM »
This couple are the so called trouble shooters I mentioned on 30th January in the topic Oddfellows. Their work at the Lane Ends must be done. Buyer Beware ;)

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2010, 07:15:42 PM »
The Rock Tavern has changed hands www.marple-uk.com/pubguide/rock.htm

The couple who have it now were at the Lane Ends - anyone know what's happening there?
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2009, 03:26:21 PM »
The landlady told me they have Bombardier on at present. They don't have Robbies and I don't have a full list of other beers yet. They are tied to a brewery or pub co. but not sure which one.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

alan@marple

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2009, 09:59:39 PM »
I have never been in the Marple Tavern, I will have to get the Pink Panther's hubby to take me.
I notice it is a free house:

What "brews" are available apart from "Robbie's"

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2009, 05:31:34 PM »
The new landlady of the Marple Tavern, who took over around two months ago, has provided us with a full update for the pub guide, see:

www.marple-uk.com/pubguide/tavern.htm

In addition, the Tavern will be holding a Race Night, come Bingo, Quiz and Free Buffet as an Official Opening Night on Friday 16th October. Everyone living nearby has had a personal "Knock on the Door" invite too! That's the first time that has even happened in all the times it has changed hands - hopefully a good sign.

On Saturday 31st October there is also a Children's Halloween Fancy Dress Party from 4pm to 7pm with games, food, a drink and a present for £5. Followed by an Adults Fancy Dress from 8pm with a bottle of Champage for the best outfit.

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2009, 02:42:05 PM »
The Spring Gardens has reopened with a new landlord who is on the ball and told us all about it: www.marple-uk.com/pubguide/springers.htm

The Sportsman has given us an update on their beers (I do like that Pheonix Arizona :P) and what they say about themselves: www.marple-uk.com/pubguide/sportsman.htm

And the Ringers has won Community Pub of the Year 2009, that's the second year running: www.marple-uk.com/pubguide/ringobells.htm
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2009, 07:01:54 PM »
Pleasd to see that the Rock Tavern has reopened www.marple-uk.com/pubguide/rock.htm

Also the Lane Ends has changed hands www.marple-uk.com/pubguide/lane.htm

Well done to both landlords for letting us know!
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2009, 07:47:28 AM »
We've received an update for the Romper this week, see www.marple-uk.com/pubguide/romper.htm

The Rock Tavern closed a while ago and that is now reflected in the guide too.

If you know of more changes at your local then let us know, or encourage the landlord to get in touch.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2009, 10:09:08 PM »
We've received Pub Guide updates for The Lane Ends and The Navigation, The Railway has received some new comments and the Ring o' Bells has had an update plus the new pub sign incorporated: www.marple-uk.com/pubguide

If you know of more changes at your local then let us know, or encourage the landlord to get in touch.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Dave

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2008, 02:32:25 PM »
The revamped Pub Guide is a great improvement - it's been looking out of date for some time, and an update was overdue.  Thanks and well done Mark.     :)

As others have pointed out, some of the entries are still a bit sketchy or incomplete, and in some cases may still have inaccuracies, so let's hope the landlords/ladies take up the invitation to update you on their own pubs.

Incidentally, I strongly agree that any negative comments on the pubs should not be published. 

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2008, 07:00:11 AM »
That's the reason for my appeal for everyone to help out :
......we hope to be able to interact more easily with Landlords and Landladies to keep details up to date via email. We would encourage them to "say something about themselves" and let us know if there are any omissions or errors on their page.

If you are a regular at one of our pubs then please let the Landlord/lady know about the new guide and ask them to check that we've got all the details correct, or let us know yourself if you are well enough informed. 

We need to reach the point where the landlords/ladies or regulars are keeping it up to date by letting us know. Quite a few are doing that already and the guide is far more up to date than it was before the revamp.

So any that you are aware are out of date, please let us know, and even better if you can advise the correct details or give the landlord our email address pubguide@marple-uk.com so that they can do it.

It is well worth their effort as our guide is the first page listed on a Google search for the majority of the pubs (i.e. "Hare and Hounds Marple" ; "Sportsman Strines" "Marple Pubs").

Now that it's been relaunched the plan is to follow up with a mail-shot to each pub (where we don't have an email address) to give them the opportunity to update the details and to make them aware that their regulars and visitors can make comments. This will be done soon and we should gradually get on top of the updates, however, we will do it even quicker if regular users of this site can continue to chip in and help.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website