Marple Glass and Glazing

Linked Events

• Marple's Christmas Cracker: December 06, 2008

Author Topic: Marple's 2008 Christmas Cracker  (Read 4714 times)

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Re: Marple's 2008 Christmas Cracker
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2008, 09:38:14 AM »
Having been asked to judge this year's Christmas Cracker Best Dressed Window Competition I thought it would be nice to add some photos of the entries to the Virtual Tour.

Follow this link to take a look: http://visitmarple.co.uk/photos/thumbnails.php?album=66

After the event we'll hopefully be able to add some more photos of the day's festivities to this album, so don't forget to take your cameras!
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

eeyore21

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2008, 03:41:28 PM »
i did ask this in another thread so if its answered i'm sorry. but are the lights going to be turned on at the christmas cracker or at least round about the same time and is the mary and joesph statue going to be put in place in time for that weekend with alot of people being expected it would be a nice touch.  ;)

Dave

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2008, 03:11:08 PM »
people wouldnt want to visit marple 2 weeks on the trot or 2 days on the trot etc for a big event

I doubt whether the people attending these events are 'visiting Marple' - we are mostly locals, surely.  I think it's sad that after over 20 years of hard work and dedication by the good shopkeepers of Marple Bridge, building up Winter Wonderland into a popular annual event, this other event should suddenly appear on the same day.  No doubt it's a cock-up rather than a conspiracy, but it's certainly unfortunate.    :'(

Lisa Oldham

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2008, 02:34:08 PM »
I'm not an authority on it BUT I understood it was organised this way as people wouldnt want to visit marple 2 weeks on the trot or 2 days on the trot etc for a big event and that you would maximise the poeple by having them both on the same day at different times

might have got it totally wrong but seems fairly sensible to me

..and I've not got stalls at any cos i got rained off (and blown off bridge almost)last year and the year before and had to drink far too much mulled wine to keep warm!!

Susan

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2008, 10:48:07 AM »
Thank you admin.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 05:47:47 PM »
They are both on the same day, which for me is a big shame as we like to have our stall at both but it's not practical to do that. So I hope that next year they are separate.

However, the Marple Christmas Cracker officially runs from 10am-3pm but it is expected that most Cracker venues will finish at around 2pm. The Winter Wonderland starts at 1pm, so for people attending the events the overlap is not too bad - you could certainly go to both and it may bring more people out for both events.

Apparently VIP Taxis plan to run a shuttle service between the two venues.

In answer to Susan's question, yes, the Christmas Cracker is the event with stalls on Market Street, Derby Way, Santa's Grotto etc., as last year.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

neegel

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 01:27:51 PM »
Does this not clash with Marple Bridge Winter Wonderland? I sure I read that this is on Saturday 6th December.

Susan

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 10:40:52 AM »
is this where the stalls will be in marple and farther christmas

wolfman

Marple's 2008 Christmas Cracker
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 09:58:34 AM »
Saturday 6th December.