Brabyns Preparatory School

Author Topic: Carvary at the Spring gardens  (Read 4351 times)

eeyore21

Re: Carvary at the Spring gardens
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2008, 06:01:19 PM »
we went to the dog and partridge on my daughters 18th. the meal was really nice and it was very busy. the guy handing the meat out was very chatty and having a laugh and a joke with everyone. the place was very very busy.
the only 2 complaints i have is that i was told by someone who goes there they do kids meals but they only do child size portions of the carvery ok if you have a kid that eats that. my 14 year old dosn't so ended up with roasties and yorkshire pud, then got something else at home. the other thing was some of the puddings had been stopped but the menus hadn't been changed. all in all though a very good night.

Jay

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2008, 09:21:31 AM »
Still the Dog and Partridge, and a great carvery they do. Choice of three meats and as much of the rest as you care to balance on your plate. One gripe though, the person cutting the meat was surly miserable. But then if you take in to account the greed of some people asking for more than their share maybe she had a right to be!!!  ::)

Rachael

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2008, 10:08:45 AM »
My Inlaws visited the Spring gardens  for the Carvery and were very dissapointed, but have visited the Dog and partridge on High lane ( think it has a different name now) and they say its great, but is very very busy.

wolfman

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 10:10:59 PM »
the "carvery" was £3.50 but unlike the £3.50 at the Dog and Partridge it was a choice of beef or Pork. More like a Sunday lunch. Not serve. yourself.

wolfman

Carvary at the Spring gardens
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 04:39:46 PM »
The spring gardens Compstall Rd is doing a £3.50 open carvery Wed/Thur/Fri lunch 12 to 2.30pm