Brabyns Preparatory School -Scholarships

Author Topic: La Romantica  (Read 6958 times)

Dave

Re: La Romantica
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2009, 03:10:20 PM »
it is closed for refurbishment and will be re-opening soon under new management.

I beleve that this is the normal routine when a shop or restaurant goes out of business - it is just an attempt to retain custom (if any), in the event that it can be sold as a going concern.   Which may be an unlikely prospect in this case, obviously!    ::)

Rudolph Hucker

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2009, 11:56:01 AM »
There's a (relatively small) notice outside La Romantica indicating that it is closed for refurbishment and will be re-opening soon under new management. If this new management claim is true a) I'd be shouting about it a bit more if I were them and b) I think they should be forewarned about the lack of goodwill the establishment seems to have. If anyone knows this new management, please point them in the direction of this forum to enable them to poll customer opinion and get the refurbished outfit right from the outset..... If it's the old management (deep breath now as there's no Spell Check option below....) masquerading behind this notice, I guess there's no point  :(

RH.

twinkletoes

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2009, 08:44:13 PM »
I had a bad meal there years ago the prawn salad I had was off! Im sure I nearly died I was so sick! I'm scared of going back in there.....The bad memorys might come vack! :P

Rachael

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2008, 07:18:50 PM »
Apology accepted, you are forgiven!! ;D

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2008, 01:44:42 PM »
I owe you an apology Rachael. I've checked with my son to see why your experience was so different to his and discovered that we were at cross-purposes. I thought he was talking about La Romantica but he was actually talking about the Dolce Vita  :o

I'm really sorry as it was probably my comment that swayed you to trying it last night.  :-[

I will listen more carefully next time! Apologies once again and I'm relieved your night wasn't completely ruined.

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Rachael

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2008, 12:31:22 PM »
I should have added, maybe I sound a moaner, BUT it isnt cheap to eat out these days, and I think if im handing my money over then at least I should get something back in return,

Rachael

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2008, 12:28:26 PM »
Well, I took the plunge and went to Romatica  .. and guess what happened  .....

We  ended up walking out!!!

We got there, got shown to a table, and we waited, and we waited .. so I collared the waitress and asked if we could at least order some drinks, she said she couldnt get me an alcoholic  drink as she wasnt old enough to serve them, but would send someone over ( surely she can write down what we want and give the order to someone old enough to serve )  ... they never arrived,

There was three staff  and only four tables ( including us ) and all the staff looked blummin miserable, no one bothered.

The person on the table next to us asked for lemonade and got served fizzy water,  only after tasting it she enquired as to where here lemondade was to be told they dont serve lemonade ..Im sure  if she wanted fizzy water, she would have asked for it but to be served it and not to be told was poor in my opinion

So up we got, got our coats on and headed towards the door, did anyone stop us and ask us if there was  a problem .. nope

So we decided to try the Dolce Vita , having not been there for seven years due to a terrible meal there we gave it a go, Im converted!!  The staff were great, attentive and the meal was fresh and delicious.

Absolutely no way will I go to the Romantica again.  It was in my sons words absolutely "Pants"

Rachael

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2008, 10:32:48 AM »
I think I will :)  If we go for an italian meal, we have been going to Alfresos on the A6, it would be nice to go somewhere in walking distance and of course support a local buisness

In fact, I may try it tonight as we are going to a party  .. I shall report back!!

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2008, 10:26:33 AM »
I understand it is completely new ownership. My son and his partner have been a few times recently and were really pleased with it. Time to give it another go!
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Rachael

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2008, 10:16:13 AM »
Ive not been in the Romantica for a couple of years, we used to go quite often, but then had a really awful meal where two of our party were ill and we havent been back since.

Is it complete new ownership ?  I know if I had taken over a place in marple, I would be doing everything I could to let people know I had arrived in town but ive seen nothing for the Romantica :(, not an advert, a leaflet though my letterbox, nothing

I hope they do well, it used to be a great little place which I used to enjoy visiting with my family

alison

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008, 09:30:54 PM »
Two meals out in one day Mother! Have you not heard of the credit crunch! (I'm just jealous)

Happy Birthday!

Alison

Barbara

La Romantica
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2008, 08:12:33 PM »
Have just been for an early supper to La Romantica - the first time since the new people took over.  The service was excellent, friendly and attentive, and the food was very good.  It was very early in the evening, but we were the only people in.  I can certainly recommend the place, so hope more of you will give it a try. :D