A gentle and effective approach to whole body health, to help reduce pain, improve mobility and promote healing

Author Topic: Road Standards - Ridge  (Read 4862 times)

badger

Re: Road Standards - Ridge
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2008, 12:55:27 PM »
 I've not been over the Ridge for a while but now I see we have two new 'Bend' signs near the Chapel now, so somebody is having some impact. :o

labraman

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2008, 08:35:23 PM »
cheers, I have used the pothole moles and logged all 3 roads, still waiting for a response (day 3 of 10) - there are so many thought that I can't go out and take pics, plus too dangerous!

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2008, 08:26:34 PM »
You could try the pothole moles as far as reporting the problem is concerned. See this thread:

http://www.marple-uk.com/smf/index.php?topic=2006.0

We seem to have had mixed success - Howard has red paint round his (unless they've done it now) but nothing has happened about the pothole on the road to Memorial Park.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

labraman

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2008, 08:17:38 PM »
Well your right, if it is resurfaced then people may speed more, that's why it needs either a different limit for the police to enforce or also some traffic calming as well.  Leaving as is will only continue to destroy cars and also erode the surface further.

Signs won't do any good and our police should have more important things to do, so calming measures (man made!!) would be best.

The hire company is no more, but there is a lot of farming plant so the surface needs upgrading (no I am not a farmer)

Does this forum have any link or influence on the council?  Also as a resident I can tell you living on these roads is not very pleasurable at times and some simple changes could sort that out.  Not really looking for a debate on it, rather some action from the powers that be.

Last time I engaged with a council about something similae, I was told that I did not have the expertise or knowledge to discuss such things, hopefully they have moved on from such tactics.

wolfman

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2008, 03:35:48 PM »
At the end of the day if you don't want speeders then contact the local council and ask them to legalise the limit.Then maybe the police can enforce it. I bet they will be absolutely delighted with your suggestion. I have tried.

wolfman

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2008, 03:32:16 PM »
The other point is lets  stick up  all sorts of signs then, all over the place, it obviously won't bother you will it. Why bother with laws at all? Lets have anarchy!

wolfman

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2008, 03:29:28 PM »
The "point" is the law. Is the law.

alan@marple

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2008, 12:43:41 PM »
Wolfman!

What is the point in emphasizing, that a speed limit cannot be enforced on the Ridge, safety first, we don't want to encourage speeding, do we?

wolfman

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2008, 11:06:02 AM »
What gets me about "The Ridge" is there is a sign at the junction of Hawk Green Rd on The Ridge side stating "Unsuitable for heavy goods vehicles" yet permission was given for a plant hire company on the Ridge. You only have to look how the HGVs have chewed into the banking at the side of the road near the quarry.

wolfman

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 10:17:25 AM »
As I have already posted in a section entitled "Ridge Rd" in this forum. The speed limit from the Romper to Hawk green Road is not legal and cannot be enforced.

Dave

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 07:40:30 AM »
Sounds like very effective traffic calming to me.  We don't want people driving any faster along there - let's leave it as it is!   ;)

labraman

Road Standards - Ridge
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 07:50:55 PM »
Hi,  new to forum but thought it was a good place to highlight an issue with some of the local roads and whether anyone is able to escalate this to the local council.

The recent resurfacing of Church Lane up to Hawk green fell short of dealing with issues on Ridge Road, Wybersley Road and Turf Lea Road.  These roads are suffering from multiple potholes, local flooding, overgrown hedges & trees, no road markings, unreliable street lighting and a lack of roadside cleaning.

Whilst local residents put up with reduced local services in relation to recycling, waste collection, road cleaning and maintenance, we are suffering from a lack of investment in the roads which are used as common shortcuts from Marple to Disley and on which heavy farming plant as well as trucks, vans, cars, motorbikes, cyclists, walkers and horses are all users.

The pavement from the bottom of Ridge Road up to the Romper pub, used by walkers and local residents is almost unusable.  If the overgrown bushes don't get you then the footing will.

Visibility is poor on Wybersley road anyway die to the fact it is a winding road with blind corners.  Combine the overgrown hedges and trees, poor road consition, the national speed limit in force and some careless/ignorant drivers and you have a recipe for disaster!

Yep, I know all this isn't the biggest issue in the world, but it is causing problems.  One pothole outside my neighbor, was fixed 6 times with half a bag of sand and a bit of tarmac.  Eventually someone with a small amount of common sense decided to put a temporary solution in place, but as per usual resource and money (tax payers money) has been wasted.