Marple Health - for Wholefoods and Supplements to look GOOD and feel GREAT!

Author Topic: Hare and Hounds, Mill Brow  (Read 16703 times)

Cripes

Re: Hare and Hounds, Mill Brow
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2011, 12:18:49 PM »
That's interesting cripes. Tell us more - what didn't you like?

I'm not saying that I didn't like it, just that I was expecting more after all the rave reviews. My food didn't look that great, but tasted ok, my husband, ditto.  We did intend to stay for dessert but they didn't really attend to us that well either so after vying to get their attention we ended up just asking for the bill and leaving earlier than anticipated.

Dave

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2011, 11:07:40 PM »
That's interesting cripes. Tell us more - what didn't you like?

Cripes

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, 05:51:11 PM »
We went last night, and really I think it's just about mediocre, certainly not the best place around IMO.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 02:34:24 PM »
Although the H&H has been cited in other posts recently, I just thought that I should mention here that the Friends of Memorial Park have had their Christmas lunch at the Hare and Hounds for the last two years. The first time we went in December and had the full festive fare, the food was excellent and they allowed us to pull the tables together to create one big one, resulting in our first "do" where we were all able to talk to each other. This Christmas we decided to go in January and chose from the standard menu, which was exceptional, and the hospitality superb.

As they always have my favourite Robbies brew on (Dissy Blonde) I've also been a number of times with Mrs Admin. I can't praise the quality of the food enough and I think it's the best pub food I've had in the area. 
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Dave

Hare and Hounds, Mill Brow
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 09:54:35 AM »
Went to the Hare and Hounds in Mill Brow for a meal the other day.  A short but interesting menu, with a range of dishes to suit both simple tastes and the more enterprising.  It was really good - could it even be the best pub food in Marple?    :P