Janine Kelly - Yoga teacher in Marple

Author Topic: OWLS  (Read 4054 times)

amazon

Re: OWLS
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2008, 02:52:43 PM »
Any body seen the buzards that fly over compstall marple bridge areas .there most days when its a clear day .

myloweb

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2008, 07:58:20 PM »
Get yourselves down to Etherow Park at dusk. Its brimming with bats, owls etc etc..........we've got our own zoo and all the animals are wild and free.
Also seen this year at Etherow were a Goshawk, Barn Owl, ........still waiting for the otters though.

bat man

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2008, 08:23:32 PM »
Thank you for all the wonderfull replies,how lucky are we to live so near to all this woldlife ;)

Lisa Oldham

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2008, 04:38:28 PM »
we see the owls in our garden regularly :P
late summer(hmm) is usually very active/noisy especially after all hte young ones have left the nests cos they all seem to be here in our gardens!!
Seven stiles by hte railway!

bats in hte roof (breeding only) too... can hear them in our attic room and watch them fly out of the roof through the window just below the entrance

wonderful  :)

Ali Bee

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2008, 07:24:33 PM »
I live very near the canal and often hear them at night, I love to hear them, it is a shame that as it is dark that I have never seen them  :(.

Belly

• Marple Cricket Club Website
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2008, 11:28:07 PM »
Often hear owls hooting about in the copse of trees next to All Saints Church.

Plenty of bats swooping about there too and also across the gardens of local houses.
Words are trains for passing through what really has no name...

heather

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2008, 08:43:39 PM »
there are some small bats fly round our garden at dusk :)

moonforest

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2008, 02:53:57 PM »
Thankyou bat man for mentioning this........I've never seen an owl but remember great excitement a couple of years ago when we discovered a wood pecker busy tapping away on an old tree on Strines Road.

Are you involved with bats in any way? There is a brilliant bat cave at Chester Zoo where you can walk round as the bats fly past you to check you out...great fun!

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 07:10:37 PM »
Welcome bat man,

I'm just going to move this to miscellaneous as it's not really an event. I haven't seen any owls near the canal but we are not all that far away on Woodville Drive. We often hear owls screeching at night and sometimes see one perched on top of the telegraph pole just outside our front bedroom window. They are Tawny Owls and they live in the narrow woodland between the houses opposite us and Marple Golf Course.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

bat man

OWLS
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 09:39:55 PM »
There are Owls in the trees along the canal,they have been quite vocal over the past few nights,has anyone seen them? :)