Michelle Reynolds Podiatrist, Marple

Author Topic: Shame on you, Ring o' Bells  (Read 10713 times)

Rudolph Hucker

Re: Shame on you, Ring o' Bells
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2008, 04:53:40 PM »
Actually, I'll take that back. Having just seen a Hairdresser in Marple centre (no names, no pack drill) advising us to "book now for Christmas", Pete can advertise 2009 Easter and Mothers Day events now as far as I'm concerned....

Rudolph Hucker

« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2008, 12:11:06 PM »
Can we get back to ticking the Ring 'o' Bells off. Pete and Sue are back from holiday tomorrow(?)....

(That's blown my chances of a free pint....)

Lisa Oldham

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2008, 11:31:50 AM »
hmmm.. ive been selling my christmas cards and advents and paper since 4 th August....  and people buy them then too!!

eeyore21

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2008, 07:05:31 PM »
not to early just remember when her birthday is that comes first

Susan

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2008, 02:31:10 PM »
Will be getting your xmas tree up at the start of december with the kids just to warn you, the day after i put mine up, so beware...

heather

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2008, 08:45:17 PM »
that surprises me

Susan

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2008, 08:22:27 AM »
Just to let you know i have started Christmas shopping, and i have made a place in the living room for the xmas tree(not put it up yet).

Barbara

« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2008, 08:54:20 PM »
Herewith insulting reply to Alison (would have been earlier but I was away!).  You usually blame me for inherited madness - You need to be a bit mad to stay sane in this world. :D

alan@marple

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2008, 03:35:21 PM »
What's the problem here?, all the Ringers is saying, book early if you want a seat. My car will remain parked up over the festive season,
and I only ever walk to the pub. So I am glad to be reminded that tables will be hard to come by over that period.
 If you keep nice company and want to be amongst other nice people then the "ringers "will suit you, so book early for Christmas, even if you do think it's humbug!

Dave

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2008, 10:15:27 AM »
I used to work in Asda in Stockport when it first opened (that ages me!) and our Christmas tape had 8 tracks on it. On a Saturday I worked twelve hours. I barely escaped with my sanity intact

I believe that ceaseless repetition of inane music is actually used in some parts of the world (Guantanamo Bay?) as torture!   So it's only a matter of time before some poor tortured employee of Asda or Wyevale sues their boss for failing to protect them from occupational stress - and I hope they succeed!    ;)

alison

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2008, 10:41:15 PM »
I agree that Christmas is great, and if I could get away with leaving the decs up all year I would - but who is prepared to admit to buying a chocolate advent calendar (on sale in Marple coop when I went in tonight) in September?

Oh well, I guess things have moved on a little - I used to work in Asda in Stockport when it first opened (that ages me!) and our Christmas tape had 8 tracks on it. On a Saturday I worked twelve hours. I barely escaped with my sanity intact (some would argue the last point - cue insulting post from Mum!)

Alison

nbt

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2008, 08:53:58 AM »
It's not that I don't like Christmas, but Christmas is in late december, not late summer. DO you get excited about the end of the tax year and start tasking to pay the tax man in november?
NBT: Notoriously Bad Typist

Susan

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2008, 08:22:20 AM »
i know i love iit but some people don't like it as much, as soon as i can i stick my tree up and i am always first on my street... just been to my local co-op and they are already selling advent calendars.

heather

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2008, 08:12:45 PM »
dont know what susans complaining about shes ready for christmas in august she loves it :)

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2008, 06:56:28 PM »
Shhhhhhh, we'll be selling Christmas cards and Calendars on Saturday!
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website