Marple Blasting Services | Blast Cleaning Stockport

Author Topic: Shame on you, Ring o' Bells  (Read 10779 times)

Susan

Re: Shame on you, Ring o' Bells
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2008, 01:18:31 PM »
just been in stalybridge, where i live and there are some shops selling cards and wrapping paper already for xmas.

Dave

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2008, 10:13:53 AM »
What really gets to me is when they start playing 'Jingle Bells' in October at Wyevale   :'( 

andy+kirsty

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2008, 09:38:32 AM »
I'm sorry but...

So what! Christmas is one of the biggest earners in the Licenced trade / Catering indursty and should hopefuly bring in enough money to pay the bills in Jan and Feb when us consumers are feeling the pinch. Whats wrong with protecting yourself financially by getting a head start. If its what the punters want give it to them!

Its just a pain that it takes 15 mins to fight your way to the bar, however service is very good once you get there!

andy

Peter

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2008, 09:42:49 PM »
Firstly, the Ringers comes at least third in Marple to my knowledge, not that that matters. In a perfect world I would agree with nbt that Christmas these days arrives far too early but tell that to my customers who have been coming in for weeks asking if the Christmas menu is available yet. Is he/she really suggesting that the Ring o' Bells give other competing pubs a 2 month start. You may be forgetting in your drive for change that this is our livelihood and that unless we compete on a level playing field we go out of business.
Incidentally we really are good value for money this Christmas :)

alison

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 08:52:04 PM »
booking restaurants for Christmas I can cope with (currently trying to organise the works do and beginning to think should have looked earlier!) however, seeing selection boxes on sale in Tescos did make me growl!

Alison

Susan

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 07:18:29 PM »
Sorry to say this but its only 16 weeks till xmas, and you need to book early.

nbt

Shame on you, Ring o' Bells
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 05:36:46 PM »
It's only September yet the Ring o' Bells has become the first place in Marple to start advertising for Christmas. Bring on the ban on all things Xmas-related until mid-November at the earliest I say - those who are that bothered about booking early for Christmas will do so without being reminded!

NBT: Notoriously Bad Typist