Landscape Gardening Maintenance Marple & Marple Bridge

Author Topic: What a waste of money  (Read 2555 times)

wolfman

Re: What a waste of money
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2008, 04:22:25 PM »
For one I could not care less about the American elections. I thought this section was entitled "Local issues" You won't be so flippant when it is costing you thousands out of your taxes to maintain the lovely coloured tarmac. Which by the way doesn't seem to last very long.

Dave

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 01:13:05 PM »
I agree, it really is appalling!  Never mind about trivial issues such as global warming, the return of the Cold War, the American presidential election, or the worldwide economic downturn - let's get steamed up about something really important like, er, um, the colour of tarmac at bus stops...................     ;)

nbt

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 11:32:17 AM »
You must be blind if you can't see it's a bus stop.
Judging by the number of people who park in bus stops, on pavements, in cycle lanes and in generally places which are *very* convenient for their own needs but incredibly inconvenient for everyone else, there must be a HUGE number of blind people driving. And that's only parking, don'r even get me started on the sheer stupidity of some drivers - I beleive EVERY driver should be frequently retested and required to commute on a bike at regular intervals to understand just how bad it can get....
NBT: Notoriously Bad Typist

wolfman

What a waste of money
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 09:55:06 AM »
Why are there boxes of browny coloured tarmac around bus stops? You must be blind if you can't see it's a bus stop. I wonder if the traffic planners have got a discount on all the green and brown tarmac Stockport uses. If it is to stop people parking at the stop putting coloured tarmac on the road will certainly stop them? I wonder how much the coloured tarmac costs and how much would the tax payer save  if it wasn't used?