Marple Community Forum & Noticeboard
September 02, 2014, 07:44:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Visit the Main Site

News: Banner Adverts on this site raise £1,000 for Skatepark Project

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  

Whittakers Fish Bar Traditional English Fish and Chips in Marple

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: UFOs & Lights in the Sky [Merged Topic]  (Read 6453 times)
heather

« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2008, 06:33:42 PM »

they have lights to see where they are going,just like trains planes and anything else Huh

and i said to the man who stood at the gate of the year    give me a light so i may tread safely into the unknown
moonforest

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2008, 11:19:07 PM »

My partner first spotted these lights and called the rest of the family to come and look at them. I ran to a neighbours' house and they came out with their binoculars! My son managed to get some pictures on his mobile phone before the lights disappeared, one by one. We have since discovered ufo balloons and we are sure that this is what we saw, but it WAS exciting at the time to think that ET was visiting Marple!  Cool

http://www.ufoballoons.co.uk/
nbt

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2008, 08:45:39 AM »

We saw one of these the other night when visiting friends in Heaton Moor. Mrs NBT panicked a little as she thought it was a plane coming down in flames....

NBT: Notoriously Bad Typist
Mr Marple

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2008, 12:56:05 PM »

To add to this story I took this picture and have zoomed into it as much as I can to get a better view plus it's original size is far too big to fit this sites requirements.

The lights are Sky lanterns, most of you will already know this, and they are used to celebrate different events.

Enjoy the pic Wink

* UFO1.JPG (2.31 KB, 159x105 - viewed 294 times.)
matti0205

« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2008, 07:51:35 PM »

15 minutes ago I saw about 20 lights in the sky over the Glossop Road, I thought perhaps hot air balloons. Got the neighbours out and we watched them move across towards Marple. Did anyone else see them and does anyone know what they are?  Huh
amazon

« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2008, 07:54:21 PM »

Sunday 5 october . anybody know what the strange coloured lights were in the sky about 7pm sunday night seem to drift down from glossop lower fold area . Huh
matti0205

« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2008, 08:05:42 PM »

Hi Sorry can't help you, I saw them, about 20 or so coming from Glossop Road over to Constable Drive (where I was) and them we watched them dissapear. We (me and the neighbours) would love to know what they are too. By the way, It was only about 30 mins ago that I saw them, 7.30pm.
alan@romiley

« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2008, 08:07:21 PM »

September 9th 2008 : Alderley Edge, Cheshire, England

UFOINFO Sighting Form Report

Date: 09/09/08

Time: 11.45pm

Number of witnesses: 1

Number of objects: 1

Shape of objects: triangular diamond

Weather Conditions: clear sky with some high cloud

Description: Travelling home last night on the A34 bypass, an object flew across my line of vision. The object was moving very fast and not that high, it had a light on each of the corners, but the light was not solid but like a ring on each corner. It first moved fast to the right and then shot away in front only to change direction again coming straight back up the bypass and shooting off to the right towards Maccelsfield. I live in Healdgreen about 1 mile from Manchester airport and am quite used to aircraft of all shapes and sizes, but this is like nothing I have seen before, I would estimate the thing to be about the size of 2 Vulcan bombers, black in colour with no noise what so ever. I am 51yrs old and no I had not been drinking but I am baffled by what I saw.

TV/Radio: No this has not been reported to the media.

“Every process in your organization has a customer, and without a customer a process has no purpose. "
alan@romiley

« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2008, 08:09:29 PM »

http://www.ufoinfo.com/sightings/uk/080830f.shtml

“Every process in your organization has a customer, and without a customer a process has no purpose. "
eeyore21

« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2008, 07:13:47 PM »

could these be the same type of lights that were seen a few weeks ago on a saturday and sunday night over 2 weekends theres another link on here somewhere about it.
eeyore21

« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2008, 07:23:09 PM »

found it, theres a couple of pages of comments on this subject in the miscellaneous section.   Cheesy Cheesy
amazon

« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2008, 05:31:23 PM »

What does a UFO need lights for?
To SEE COMPSTALL CRICKET CLUBS NEW PAVILLION .
wolfman

« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2008, 09:51:08 AM »

ian craig
20/10/2008

HUNDREDS of sightings of unidentified flying objects are made public today - including police reports of a flying saucer near Manchester.

The National Archives are inviting UFO hunters to delve into Ministry of Defence files, many of them kept under wraps for years.

There are sightings all over the country including one in 1986 when police, travelling on a moorland road between Greater Manchester and West Yorkshire spotted an `illuminated unidentified object'. They told the MoD in an official police report: "This took the form of a continuous but intermittent yellow/red light of a uniform roundish shape. There was no sound or smell coming from it, it was at about 20 degrees on the horizon hovering, but moving slightly in all directions from its axis."

They claimed that it remained for about 20 minutes and could be clearly seen. The weather was fine and dry and there was good visibility.

Manchester Airport air traffic control was contacted at the time and they reported that no planes were flying in their control area.

Other sightings include a UFO which apparently almost collided with an airliner flying towards Heathrow.

The archive website offers a wealth of details including an American Air force jet being ordered to shoot down a UFO flying over East Anglia.

Dr David Clarke, a UFO expert, says the files contain everything from close encounters between aircraft and unexplained objects to stories from members of the public who believe they were in contact with ETs, extra-terrestrials.

Dr Clarke said: "Making the material available to all those who have an interest in this subject means that everyone, expert or amateur, can make an informed decision on the mystery of UFOs."

The first reports of `flying saucers' were in 1947 in Washington when a private pilot, Kenneth Arnold, reported seeing nine strange objects that moved at tremendous speed across the sky.

His sighting triggered a wave of similar reports.

The UFO has become a synonym for an alien spaceship, but for the military forces of the world it refers to something in the sky the observer can see but does not recognise.

Dr Clarke said: "In the vast majority of cases, investigations have discovered ordinary explanations for UFO reports such as bright stars and planets, meteors, artificial satellites, balloons, aircraft seen from unusual angles and space junk burning up in the atmosphere.

"But there are some cases where no common explanation can be fund."
from MEN online

Upon seeing the shadow of a PIDGIN  one should resist the urge to look up.
wolfman

« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2008, 09:53:49 AM »

http://ufos.nationalarchives.gov.uk/

This is the website for the latest release of ufo info

Upon seeing the shadow of a PIDGIN  one should resist the urge to look up.
moonforest

« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2008, 03:21:23 PM »

Such a fascinating subject! Thanks for the info wolfman!  Smiley
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Tweets by @marplewebsite