Brabyns Preparatory School -Scholarships

Author Topic: somerfield  (Read 3597 times)

Taurus

Re: somerfield
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2008, 09:34:51 AM »
Marple Somerfield is a far cry from how the supermarket is shown in their TV adverts. There is never enough staff on the tills, some staff are joking around and rude. A friend of mine walked in, slipped and had a bad fall, when she reported it to the manager it was treated like an amusing event that happens to their customers all the time! Surely it should have been reported in the accident book. I know of another person who slipped in the Bredbury Morrisons and she was looked after by staff and given £200 off her groceries. I only use Somerfield if the Co-op is closed.

I'm guessing that the Co-op bought Somerfield to stop competition. I also heard that the clothing shop Peacocks wanted the old Hanbury's but because M & Co are in the old Co-op which Co-op still own and they also own the old Hanbury's they blocked it because M & Co didn't want any competition. I have lived here all my life and feel that Marple does need some competition. There is still a rumour going round that the Peacefield and Buxton Lane college site is going to be a Tesco's and some are complaining that it wouldn't fit in with Marple, mostly these people are newcomers to Marple and were not here when the mill was still standing where the Co-op is now. I remember the mill and also remember doing the shopping with my mum in the old Co-op. Surely it's just the same, the Co-op come along and knock down a huge piece of Marple history so they can take over most of Marple. Don't get me wrong I am not a Co-op hater, I use it a lot and love the staff there but I do get fed up with 'Marple prices' because there is no competition.

LittleBiker

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2008, 07:29:51 PM »
with respect to your last post Alan just like the coop then
mind you i get to leave my helmet on when i pay for my fuel so not all bad or maybe thats just the ignorance coming out in them - not paying attention to there customers.

alan@marple

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2008, 11:26:43 PM »
Indifference, slackness, pack your own bag,rudeness,

Thank goodness, we have Sainsbury's, Morrisons's and Tesco

twinkletoes

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2008, 07:15:42 PM »
it was still closed the other morning :D :D

amazon

somerfield
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 08:22:42 PM »
 ;As reported in this forum some months ago the coop has now taken over somerfield .